Will my "duck mouth" go away after Juvederm? (photos)

I received my injections tuesday. It is now friday. I seriously look as tho I have duck bill. Do u think I got too much or do u think it's just still swollen. Or maybe I need more in my bottom lip?

Duck lip

After lip injections swelling generally lasts for up to 2 weeks.  I would wait it out and if after the 2 weeks you are still  not happy with the results i would return to your injector to add more volume to the bottom or remove the filler with hyaluronidase. Good luck

Steven M. Katz, M.D. FACS

Cool packs on your lips will help reduce swelling and make the "duck bill" appearance subside. Allow 10- 14 days for this swelling to reduce and then return to see your plastic surgeon. If you see some unevenness in your top or bottom lips a plastic surgeon with experience with Juvederm injections will be able to correct this unevenness  by placing small amounts of Juvederm without making your lips too big.  The effects of Juvederm can be partly or completely dissolved by using a medicine call hyalouronidase soon after the initial injections. Depending on the person, your lips will go back to there former appearance in about 6 months. 

Steven M. Katz, MD (retired)
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and including photographs.

Some bruising and swelling can last for 7-10 days.  If after that time it has not improved, you can either have filler added to your lower lip or have Vitrase or Hylenex injected to dissolve the filler.  If you choose to have it removed, the hyaluronidase will dissolve all of the filler, not part of it.

Follow up with your injector or see two or more board-certified injectors in your area.  

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Will my "duck mouth" go away after Juvederm?

Allow 10 days for swelling to resolve before thinking of additional lower lip filler to be added. In most cases I do I ALWAYS ask for follow up visit after a week to 10 days to adjust filler amounts if needed.... 

Lip injections - duck lip

At three days after your lip injections with juvederm, you are probably seeing a lot of swelling related to the injections themselves. Give it another week or so before judging the final results. 

Lips are a tricky are to get right and create a natural result. 

I hope they end up looking great for you.

-Dr. Asaria

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon