Any suggested prep for surgery to correct diastsis recti/hernia/tummy tuck?? (photos)

In Febraury of 2017, I'm slated for surgery to resolve my diastsis recti and hernia and will also be having a tummy tuck. Is there anything I can do now to help with healing time or make the surgery outcome better (i.e. Special vitamins, exercise, diet, etc)

Preop for Tummy tuck

In my practice, we do offer a pre-op vitamin package that helps with energy and healing after surgery. I find the patients that take it have an easier recovery. As for in general, the better shape you are in before surgery, the easier recovery will be. People who exercise and eat healthy in general do better after surgery. Good luck!

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

The first thing I would do is look up your BMI -- your abdomen looks a bit big for your surgery -- If it is above 30 go on a diet -- your bmi should be at least below 30 and the best result would be below 25.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD