Scar tissue after liposuction?

I had breast augmentation and liposuction 3 1/2 months ago. I have area under breast that hurts and feels like line bulling under. I can also feel lump where skin is pinched together. My doctor is going to go in from belly button to smooth area where scar tissue is , he stated its the cause of skin rippling and discomfort. Any advice?

Liposuction scar tissue

Thank you for your question and photographs. From your photographs, it does appear that your skin is tethered  to the abdominal wall, hence giving you this fold. If there is pain involved now, then doing a revision is advisable. Awaiting 6 months is also an option, though I do not believe it will change the appearance. Best of luck to you...

Dr Derby

Thank you for your photos and your question. I would recommend you to wait until 6 months post op before making any decision regarding any follow up procedure. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction - now have scar tissue

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Things are still very swollen after your liposuction -
  • I usually wait at least 6 months for a revision 
  • But if the issue is pain, going in now may be necessary.
  • But surgery now will cause more swelling and it may look worse not better, at first.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Lipo revisoin

Good luck.  I usually wait 6 months or so before doing any revision. You might eventually want a tummy tuck to remove the loose skin.

Sar tissue after liposuction

I agree that scar tissue is the cause of the rumpled skin. It may take quite a bit of release to get this to smooth out. I am presuming you have had children which increases the skin laxity. I think you have waited long enough post-op for this to resolve and are probably ready for some type of surgical intervention. Good luck.

Karen Quigley, MD