Horrible results after liposuction.

had liposuction done 3 1/2 months ago on my abdomen & I am so unhappy with results. I look way worst than before surgery. I had lipo done to rid of tiny pregnancy pouch above c-section. Instead I ended up with wrinkles and odd rippling of the skin! I lost no weight at all! I was able to get away though with wearing a bikini before and now I can't as my stomach looks so bad. I wish I never got this done, it feels like a nightmare. Please advice

Not a problem...

Results are good in that now your left with skin mostly and you will need a tummy tuck.  This should have been explained to you before liposuction that after removing the fat you may end up with loose skin which will need tummy tuck to remove if you choose to get rid of the excess skin.

Poor result after liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Sorry to hear about your situation.  Basically, the ideal candidate for liposuction has good skin tone and no loose skin.  Also, keep in mind that liposuction is not meant for weight loss.  Looking at your photos, it appears that you have loose skin.  In this case, you're likely to benefit from a tummy tuck to tighten your abdomen.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Dr Derby

It is wise to also have a second opinion from another doctor and i would wait a bit more to see if it can improve a bit more still. If not , revision is definitely important an i feel TT would be a better option to get the excess skin out of the way. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

You will need to have tummy tuck

I am very sorry that your results. You were perfect candidate for abdominoplasty and liposuction alone can not give the results as you have experienced. We see patients that request liposuction because fear of scar from  tummy tuck and they are not candidate for liposuction alone. The surgeon's job is to recommend the procedure that will give the results. Please wait till tissue is soft and then see a board certified plastic surgeon about tummy tuck.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - unhappy with result

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.'
  • I am very sorry you have had this unfortunate experience.
  • Was your surgery done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon? 
  • You will need to wait another 3 months to see your final result - things will improve to some extent.
  • It is possible that you needed a tummy tuck, not liposuction but only an exam in 3 months can tell.
  • I suggest you return 6 months after surgery to your surgeon for her/his thoughts and get a second opinion as well - from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Unhappy

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo, it appears that you have too much excess skin. In order to correct the extra skin deformity you will, unfortunately, need a tummy tuck.  I recommend finding a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who is also a member of the American  society of aesthetic plastic surgeons .

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Lipo issue

You are probably still a bit swollen and should give it an other 3 months or longer to settle. You will likely require a tummy tuck to treat the excess skin.

Horrible results after liposuction.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated. I share your concerns and fear that you will need a revision procedure to improve upon your current results.  After an additional 3-6 months, and based on what your long-terms results appear like you will likely benefit form liposuction to help contour your irregularities +/- a tummy tuck to remove any skin laxity that remains.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation .