Is there anyway breast plants can be covered by medical?

I have breastfed 2 children, am still young, but my breasts are unfortunately done, saggy and the skin is so loose from stretching out to the size they were when they first produced the milk. I am only in my 20s, but can't afford breast implants, I would like to know if their is any way possible to have them covered by medical?

Implants for cosmetic reasons

are never covered by insurance companies.  There are creative ways to pay for such surgery but they involve second mortgages, good friends, etc.  With limited budgets, you can always seek out newly graduated surgeons who are eager to have their own patients to show to the world and if you're willing to do that, you could negotiate a lower cost.  But wisdom comes with experience but your surgeon should be very motivated to give you the best outcome possible.

Probably not

The only way insurance covers breast surgery is if it is considered a deformity or medically necessary which is rare. For some reason, and I disagree with this, insurance companies don't consider flat chests or saggy breasts a deformities.

Are breast implants covered by insurance

Thank you for the great question.  Breast augmentation with implants is not covered by insurance as it is for a cosmetic reason.  Breast reconstruction with implants following mastectomy can be covered by insurance depending on the reason for mastectomy and the patient's diagnosis. Hope this helps. Best of luck. 

Thank you for your question. The short answer is no, there is no situation where a cosmetic breast implant would be covered by insurance. The only situations where insurance would cover breast implants are instances of breast cancer and breast reconstruction with implants, or an instance of breast reconstruction from a congenital (birth) defect that is causing significant deformity or asymmetry. Simple post-pregnancy breast deflation, while frustrating and unpleasant to some, would not qualify as a medical need for implants. 

Hope this helps!

Breast implant surgery is elective and not covered by insurance

Unfortunately, breast implants are not covered by medical insurance. Currently breast implants are only covered by medical insurance in the case of breast reconstruction to restore breasts after a mastectomy. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Is there anyway breast implants can be covered by medical?

Thank you for the question. No breast augmentation will not be covered by Medi cal or any other "insurance" entity.
Although I understand your desire to have the procedure performed as soon as possible, it is always in patients' best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed; this additional surgery may be associated out-of-pocket expenses. Again, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery.
You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast implants and insurance

Unfortunately I do not know of any insurance company that covers any cosmetic surgery- this includes breast implants.  If you can't afford to pay ahead of time, there are financing companies that will help you spread out the payments.  But please don't borrow money you can't afford to pay back.

Samuel Beran, MD

Dear Mamaneeds,

I am sorry to hear about your postpartum deflation of your breasts...  A problem which accounts for probably half of my cosmetic breast augmentation and lift patients.

Breast Implants in Ontario are covered only for patients following breast cancer for reconstructive purposes.  A condition now affecting 1/9 women in our country and one I would certainly not wish upon anyone.

Although cosmetic breast surgery can represent a significant cost there are several surgical financing companies such as medicard who may be able to assist you.

Best in your journeys.

Warm regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers