Grey healthy tooth? (Photo)

I noticed on my bottom teeth that a tooth was turning grey. I never had trauma to the tooth. After scheduling an appointment with my dentist & repeating xrays. Everything was fine, nothing abnormal. The dentist just said "it's an ugly tooth no one will see due to your overtime." that's not satisfying to hear after teen years of braces. I'm 24.

Porcelain veneer a minimum

Often trauma to a tooth is not remembered, so the discoloration internally is confusing.  Regardless, nothing short of a porcelain veneer will be satisfying.  It is possible/likely that the nerve is invovled and need root canal therapy, but you could start with a veneer.  It will be challenging to get a perfect match to the adjacent teeth, but certainly better than what you have now.