I have back boobs. Would CoolSculpting be effective?

Even at my lowest weight I have back boobs. I have had like 9 treatments of Lipo dissolve with NO results. I am trying to avoid invasive surgery.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is a great option if you have smaller targeted areas such as what you describe.
A picture would be helpful please

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting for "back boobs?"

The problem is that unless you have been examined and the "back boobs" or bra rolls you describe are determined to be fat rather than loose skin, treatments aimed at excess fat are NOT going to work!

You have already had 9 treatments for excess fat that have not "worked," suggesting that the problem is NOT one of excess fat, but excess skin! Who made that diagnosis of excess fat?! (Probably the one who sold you lipodissolve.) Of course most patients feel this is excess fat, and usually don't even consider that excess or loose skin might be the culprit!

Of course, "trying to avoid invasive surgery" when the problem requires surgery is a bit like taking aspirin for a headache that is due to a brain tumor. (Won't work!)

See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons, who won't "automatically" tell you you need surgery. Unless, of course, you do. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for "back boobs"

CoolSculpting reduces fat in problem areas.  If your back fullness is caused by fat, then CoolSculpting can help.  If your back fullness is caused by loose skin, then a surgical option may be your best option.

Carmen Kavali, MD

This area will usually need resection and/or liposuction to reduce the size.  Although it would be an off label usage of the Cool Sculpting procedure you may not get a great response.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting

Cool sculpting works to reduce fat but the "back boobs" area would be an off label use so the effectiveness could not be guaranteed.  I recommend a consult to have your area evaluated

Back fat

Coolsculpting is an excellent way to treat back and flank fat.  We have seen great results in this area with just one treatment.  Areas such as the thighs and arms can be more stubborn.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Back Fat -- Hi Definition Contouring

Noninvasive options do not work that well for this problem and often do not give great skin tightening.  Body contouring/liposuction has evolved over the past years and is not just about fat reduction but more so about sculpting and defining. In patients who have smaller problem areas, you want an energy based device to help melt fat and tighten skin. as well, it helps to define and shape the musculature. This type of liposuction requires a specialized body contouring specialist who is trained in 4D hi definition procedures and can do fat removal with both deep and superficial liposculpture. Please see an expert for sculpting and defining procedures, whos practice is dedicated to these types of surgeries. Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting For Back Boobs

CoolSculpting can effectively be used to treat the bra fat or "back boob" area. Of course, not everyone is a candidate for the treatment and some people may need multiple treatments for the best results. Make sure you get a consultation from an experienced physician provider in your area to see if the treatment is suitable for you. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting for bra rolls

CoolSculpting can treat upper bra rolls with success as long as there is an obvious fatty deposit and the skin has some laxity to be able to draw into the attachment head.  Without seeing your problem area its hard to assess if you're a good candidate.  

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Back fat

Back bulges are one of our favorite areas to treat at my practice.  The success rate is very high.  CoolSculpting is designed to treat stubborn pockets of fat.  What could describe that pesky back fat any better than that?  If you have already had 9 treatments with another technology I strongly encourage you to meet with a CoolSculpting provider for a consultation.  There may be a waiting period that you would need to respect between your last Lipodissolve and your first CoolSculpting treatment.  You also want to make sure you are not identifying extra skin as back fat.  Your provider can help you with that. It's a great technology and you should give it a try!

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon