Treatment for melasma? (Photo)

I have melasma on my face and neck and more dominant OF chick bones

Facial melasma

Thank you for your question. Melasma is caused by genetic factors, hormones, and sun exposure. The most important treatment is to wear sunscreen 24/7 and to reapply in the daytime. Even indoor light can worsen melasma. It would also be helpful to wear a broad brimmed hat when outside. If you are taking any medications with hormones (birth control pills, etc) or if you are pregnant that can also worsen it. There are multiple topical medications that can help like hydroqinone cream, tretinoin, Kojic acid, etc that can be used. However, if you have 1 day of sun exposure it makes these medications useless. Some lasers like the NdYag can be used to treat melasma but it is possible to ask make it worse with a laser. Lower energy level lasers like clear and brilliant can be used for laser assisted drug delivery and can also help. I wish you the best.

San Diego Dermatologist

Melasma Treatment--Best Treatment Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel / Aerolase w Microneedling/prp

It requires a combination approach to treat melasma.  I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist for best treatment options. We currently use clear + brilliant with bleaching and microneedling/prp and getting amazing results. I suggest you see an expert. You will need lifelong treatment, sun protection, skin care. But these treatments can give you improvement and then help you maintain. Best , Dr. Emer