Breast sagging 5 weeks after augmentation, doc scheduled new operation for Jan 2017

Had breast aug 5 weeks ago, yesterday was my checkup, doc said he has to operate again, as my implants are too low and are lowering by the day, why would this happen?My cut is literally 1.5CM above the fold of my boob, the doc says he has to move the fold of my boob? How will he do this? Said this is the last chance, if this does not work, there is nothing he can do? I did not do breast lift, I wanted implants to go from A cup to a C cup? Says my muscles cannot/will not hold the implant up.

Breast augmentation, Breast Implants,

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Sagging at 5 Weeks Post-Op

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

It sounds like the usual combination of lift and implant is what your doctor is discussing with you. If he states that the time of healing since the initial procedure is enough leading up to this updated lift, then you should trust his response.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I think you're still too early on healing process, but besides that you should get a revision if your breasts have get saggy after the first procedure, maybe you needed a lift from the beginning or maybe you need to get smaller implants.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Sagging 5 weeks after augmentation

Hello, it is hard to understand your exact issue and the proposed operation based on a description alone.  If you are still unclear about what your surgeon is doing I would suggest making another appointment to discuss.

Please explain what my surgeon has to do.

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

It sounds as though your implants are bottoming out and the fold needs to be repaired. An examination and review of your records would be needed to answer your other questions. You might get a second opinion while waiting for your surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS