Loose vagina. What can I do?

I have one child and last year early my friend come up with the idea of using aloe Vera to tighten our vagina it did at the begging but as time goes it did anymore and now my vagina feels so loose I'm even scared of sleeping with my boyfriend, it feels like I have this big hole and is to loose. Please help

Common dilemma

Thank you for your inquiry regarding one of the most common dilemmas following one childbirth. You know the best to what extend the laxity of vaginal walls changed and how determined you are to undergo a surgical versus non-surgical correction. Another important aspect to consider, potential future pregnancies and childbirths ( even if cesarean section). One can always attempt a less invasive method such as laser or radio-frequency technology, assuming you plan on future deliveries, and decide later with regards to next steps. Alternatively, if you undergo a surgical procedure ( vaginoplasty with perineoplasty ), and have a childbirth afterwards, another corrective procedure could be an option as well. What counts, your priorities and desires.

Yvonne Wolny, MD FACOG

Vaginal rejuvenation

The best treatment for laxity or sagging of the labia or vaginal area is surgical vaginal rejuvenation. You need to consult in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person to determine the best procedure to give you the result you deserve. I have added a link to my blog with answers to the most frequently asked questions about labiaplasty as it might have some answers to your questions. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Vaginoplasty is a procedure that can tighten the vaginal opening. Looseness is caused most commonly by childbirth and tears during the process or episiotomies performed by your gynecologist. Best to see an expert plastic surgeon or GYN to have a vaginal tightening procedure performed.

Vaginal Laxity

I would start with the non-surgical route first. Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation will definitely address vaginal laxity. My recommendation would be the DiVa Hybrid Fractional Laser. Two different laser wavelengths in one treatment will yield you the maximum result. Hope this helps! 

What are options for a "loose vagina"?

Hello cece t,

Thank you for your question and sharing your concern. Despite many years as a gynecologist I have not heard of using Aloe Vera to tighten the vagina. I would also caution you about seeking such "alternate remedies" in the future. What the science and personal experience does show is the best long term solution would come via vaginoplasty or pelvic reconstruction. How much or how little is required would wholly depend on whether the vagina is loose/lax or also has prolapse associated with injury to the various support tissues of the pelvis. I would not recommend proceeding with any surgical remedy until you are done with childbearing. If you still desire to have children then a daily regimen of Kegel's exercises alone or in conjunction with a non-invasive "vaginal rejuvenation" procedure such as; FemLift, ThermiVi, or MonaLisa Touch (laser/RF) may give you the changes and confidence you appear to seek. I recommend an in person consultation with a professional who is skilled and experienced in the spectrum of options being discussed to know better what your individual situation is to allow for a more informed decision. Be well.   

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Sounds like you might be a great candidate for either a traditional vaginoplasty or a non surgical laser based treatment.

Either way, if this is bothering then find a cosmetic surgeon that performs vaginoplasties frequently and get assessed 

The gold standard for vaginal tightening is vaginoplasty with pelvic reconstruction as needed

If you're done having children and want a truly tight vagina, vaginoplasty is by far the best means. Pelvic reconstruction needs to be done at the same time if the vaginal supports are broken to ensure that the results will last. If you're having more children, laser resurfacing with FemiLift offers some improvement temporarily.