Can I acheive my pre-pregnancy look or at least similar?

I have 3 children 2 vaginal and my last one was a c section I'm 27...but looking at myself in the mirror I don't feel it. seem like my butt went bye bye the c section left my stomach not too bad but I have a flab..I do understand that it is hard to get rid of I have heard it a thousand times but that doesn't mean I have to be ok with it....I want this stomach gone she the back fat plus I want my booty back...which route should I go..need advice

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

PRE PREGNANCY BODY

Without any photos or an actual exam, it is difficult to answer your question. An abdominoplasty is used to address flabby skin of the abdomen and a fat transfer called the Brazilian Butt Lift can be done to increase the volume of the buttocks.  We typically would recommend liposuction of your abdomen, back, and flanks which would accentuate your silhouette and improve your outcomes of both procedures. Be sure to look for board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Schedule a consultation to make sure you are a candidate for the procedures.

Be well and good luck!

Can I achieve my pre-pregnancy look or at least similar?

From your description, liposuction and BBL may be a very good choice, but an exam would be necessary to make that determination.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question, but without physical examination or at least viewing pictures, it is not possible to give you precise advice. Generally speaking, most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss, benefit from tummy tuck surgery to improve the appearance of their abdominal walls. Of course, with any type of plastic surgical procedure, it will be important to achieve realistic expectations prior to proceeding. In other words, patients may never ( despite best efforts) achieve  their pre pregnancy abdominal wall appearance.

Also, generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

The tummy tuck operation is associated with a lower abdominal wall scar and a significant recovery time; on the upside, the aesthetic outcome may be much more likely to be to your liking. the trade-off, commonly seen in plastic surgery, is improvement in contour of the abdomen in exchange for scars ( mostly hidden in undergarments and bathing suits etc.).

When the time is right, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Learn about the potential risks/complications associated with the procedure as well as the significant physical/emotional recovery time associated with the procedure as well.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.