Result of voluma filler in cheeks 5 weeks after treatment. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am really concerned about how my skin looks five weeks after treatment. I have waited patiently for any swelling and bruising to go down. It is five weeks since the treatment. I chose a well respected Doctor who trains other Doctors in how to use filler. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I had one vial of voluma in each cheek and a vial of volift for the lips. Is this result from not enough filler used to fill the hollow cheeks or is it just purely bad workmanship? Many thanks

Get some more done

You have waited long enough for any bruising to resolve.  You can't really "massage" Voluma to smooth it, in fact the beauty of Voluma is that it doesn't move... even when massaged.  It stays in place.  It makes it that much more important about how it goes in.

You like like you have lost a lot of volume in your face, and it looks like your skin is thinned from normal aging.  I think you could get a better result, if you went back to the same doctor, and invested some more money in getting some additional Voluma done.  Best regards, Marla Klein MD

Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumpy Voluma

Thank you for your question.  It appears from your pictures that you have lumps secondary to your filler placement, if you are within the first 2 weeks of placement you can consider trying to massage them out, being that you are past that window, I recommend following up with your physician for proper evaluation and management.  They should be able to resolve the contour issues by potentially adding more filler and sculpting the filler that is already in place with hyaluronidase if not dissolving it completely.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma treatment

You have waited an adequate amount of time for swelling and settling.  I would suggest that you return to your injector for an evaluation and to decide how to best proceed.  It appears from your photos that the resulting contour is uneven and lumpy.  It sounds as if you did your homework when choosing your doctor, therefore I would recommend allowing him/her a chance to consult with you on the best next step.

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma and cheek and lip injections

It is difficult to tell from the photo since it would be best to have one of your entire face and not sections.  It seems lumpy and I would return to your treating physician.  If he cannot correct it you should have it dissolved with Vitrase.  Please let me know what happens.  Best, Dr. Green