Was told by the nurse I received a 275cc implant. When I complained and went in for a check-up, was told I had 325cc? (Photos)

I had my surgery done in Costa Rica. I was a 32A before surgery. After the surgery one of the nurses told me I had received a 275cc implant. The doctor never spoke with me. A month later I went for check-up, I expressed disatisfaction with the size of my surgery. The doctor who attended me,pulled up my file. It said I had received a 325 cc implant. It has been nine months and my breasts are 32 B. I am completely disatisfied with my surgery, but worried I may not know real size of implant.

Implant size

The truth is that the volume in cc’s is not really the issue although it is irritating not to know and /or receive conflicting information form the staff .    If you are not pleased with the size ,  the implants can be removed and in a relatively straight forward manner replaced for smaller implants.  The KEY to the procedure is to make sure your surgeon has a large number of implants available and sizers  to use and  choose once the current implants are removed and the actual size is determined.  Excellent communication with your surgeon going forward with the 2nd procedure is key.  Sadly that is the risk of overseas travel for surgery.  Fortuanately I do think you can ultimately have a great result. 
Best Wishes, James E Vogel, MD

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear Agnes,   Thanks for submitting your picture and sorry for your problems. It is not clear from your question whether you you have saline implants or silicone implants. If you have saline implants, it could be that both nurse and doctor are correct, because you might have gotten 275 cc implants that were filled with 325 cc of saline. If you have silicone implants, than one of them is confused  In any event, from observing your pictures, you appear to be small C cup size, with wide cleavage, capsule contracture, very large areolas and sight ptosis. No wonder that you are  not satisfied  from your surgery. To obtain beautiful and natural looking breasts you will need the followings: complete capsulotomy (scar release) , nice medial dissection for nice cleavage and mini lift (donut, Benneli) for areola reduction and slight lift. To become 32 full C cup (very nice and natural cup size) you will need one size increase of your implants ,which is about 125 cc in addition to what you have right now.   Your surgery is not simple, so make sure to do your due diligence and choose your surgeon wisely. Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breast augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                                   Best of luck,                                                       Dr Widder

Breast implant size

Only your surgeon and his records knows for sure. If you have saline implants then is very possible that your surgeon used 275 base and minimum fill implants, but filled to maximum fill of 325. This would explain why the record and sticker would say 275 but the total fill be 325. If you have silicone implants then the sticker from the implants should be in your record. I also suggest you have your surgery in or near hometown so you can be followed closely for this or any other problem. Good luck.

Dissatisfied with BA surgery

The only way you can find out what implant you have is through information provided by the surgeon who performed your surgery. If you had surgery in Costa Rica, that is who would provide your information. If you are dissatisfied and want something other than what was done, the Costa Rican surgeon would be the one who would have to address that if you want to have the original surgeon address his outcome - the implanting surgeon might give you a better "deal" to assure your satisfaction with surgery. If you are good with starting all over, then I am sure a local board certified plastic surgeon would be happy to meet with you and discuss next steps. That surgeon would not be obligated to perform revisions at the reduced rate the primary surgeon would probably offer you.If you know which brand implant you have, it is possible you can contact the company to investigate the implant characteristics. May not be easy if surgery done in Costa Rica though.Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD