Can you have Sculpsure if you have an artificial hip?

I had a hip replacement and am looking to get Sculpsure and wondered if the joint interferes with the machine?

I have had a total hip replacement and i did Sculpsure on my flanks

it is safe to do this procedure if you have a hip replacement. i did it on myself, just to prove it!!!

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Hi there, 

Your hip replacement should not interfere with your SculpSure treatment. However, the area is to be avoided during treatment because it can heat up and cause complications.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Yes, with SculpSure being applied to the flanks and tummy, your replaced hip will be safe. Please consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure is safe

People with artificial joints can safely have SculpSure treatments.  Bones and joints tend to heat up with the treatment and can become uncomfortable, so these areas need to be avoided.Good Luck1

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Hip Implant is Fine

The SculpSure laser will not be placed over the him directly and will be placed at a distance.  Alert your doctor so the planning will be adjusted to avoid your implant.  There should be no problem with the implant.

Hip prosthesis effect?

This is an easy question---the answer is NO. However, you do not want to put the laser over the metal since this is unstudied and probably not safe. The abdomen and flanks would be fine (on label) and the inner thighs and outer on good hip would be fine (off-label.)