Post Tummy Tuck and Pseudogynecomastia - Two Questions? (photo)

Hello :) I've had my TT and pseudogynecomastia operation on 28/08, so it's been about two weeks. For my pseudogynecomastia, only liposuction was used. Today about 1/3 of my right nipple's areola turned brown in color and its skin flaky, the area around the nipple has some red bruises and the nipple itself does not react to stimulation. Is this anything to worry about? As for my TT, although all excess skin gone, my lower belly is not totally flat. Is this swelling and will go away? Thanks :)

Post Tummy Tuck and Pseudogynecomastia - Two Questions?

I need more information about your healing process but in general swelling can be a bulge or fluid collection. The discoloration needs to be evaluated by a dermatologist.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Post Tummy Tuck and Pseudogynecomastia Surgery

Your bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.
The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.  

Additionally, your doctor may place tape or foam over the incisions, which can be removed on day 3 or 4, before your first post-op appointment.
If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Two years after surgery.

Two years after surgfery is a long time.  The abdomen will not change, this is not swelling at thisa point.  The pigment i would have evaluated by a dermatologist for the pigment and the rash.

Miguel Delgado, MD