Post Gynecosmatia? (photo)

I had Surgery 12 days ago. The doctor insists its swelling but from my before op photo I have seen no changes. NONE. He said he had did just lipo. I asked him why was no tissue excised he said that the lipo made me completely flat on the or table. As in a female there are flatter when laying down so could he be confused. I believe I should had skin removed and lifted as well but neither of that was done . I need help this can not be swelling . And I feel like i feel the same breast like tissue

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Post Gynecomastia Surgery

The only time that liposuction alone will correct gynecomastia, is if you have what is known as "pseudo-gynecomastia" which means it is caused by fat alone. If there is breast tissue present it needs to be surgically excised as it is too dense to go through a cannula. You undoubtedly have swelling present and need to wait for that to resolve. And then depending on what your surgeon says, a second opinion may be in order. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD