Is this healing properly? (Photos)

I had labiaplasty done 4 days ago, and it hurts a lot. There was a lot of bleeding the first three days but none today.

4 days post labiaplasty

appear normal and your pains will diminish with time.  Your swelling is minimal and your bruising little.  Keep your follow-ups and contact your surgeon if any concerns arise.  After all, your surgeon was paid will to do this and should provide you the follow-up care you desire.

Labiaplasty

You seem to be healing normally.  The bluish discoloration you are seeing at the anterior labia is most likely just bruising and should subside within a week or so.  be sure to keep your surgeon updates with your progress

Healing properly

Thank you for sharing.  From a surgical standpoint it does look like you're healing correctly.  There is no evidence of suture separation and or infection.

Bruising and swelling is normal and should reside rather quickly.

Make sure to follow all post op orders from your surgeon.

V-wedge appearance first week post-op

It looks like it should 4 days post-op V-wedge LP. For further questions you should send your photos to your surgeon (you know, the one you paid-- surgical care INCLUDES all post-op questions...)  Not unusual to have some bleeding first few days. Try icing, Dermaplast spray, pain pills. It will feel better in a couple days. Looks fine! You may find the weblink below helpful.

Best,   Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Results

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who performed the original surgery to evaluate your current condition.  Best of luck.      

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Is this healing properly?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though you have some mild swelling and bruising your incision lines appear intact and appropriate for only 4 days after surgery.  Maintain close follow up with your surgeon for any questions or concerns.

Labiaplasty 4 days post op

Dear Alex36:

It appears that all is healing well but of course you need to sit back and wait until the swelling goes down.  There doesn't appear to be evidence of infection. If you continued to be bothered by the healing or are worried I encourage you to call your surgeons

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai