Post Explant One Breast Drains a Lot and the Other Almost None at All, The Drains are Open, is this Safe?

I had my breast implants explanted 3 days ago. They were Mentor Silicone and places under the muscle. I have drains in, however my left breast is draining quiet a bit and the right breast is hardly draining at all. Is this normal? The drains he put in are just open tubes, no bulb or anything. Is this safe? I am also concerned because both breast are very itchy- espcally in between the breast and under the breasts.

Drain Output after Breast Implant Removal?

Generally speaking, the use of drains are “safe”;  it will be in your best interest to address questions regarding your care to your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best. I'm sure he/she will not mind seeing you earlier than scheduled… That way you will achieve real peace of mind.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Open drains and explantation

Open drains will drain onto a dressing.  They are usually removed with 48 hours of surgery.  You should talk to your doctor about the care.

Open drains and explantation