Should I get a tummy tuck to get rid of my stretch marks and extra fat on my stomach? (photos)

I have a small frame but a stomach that stands out. I am 29 years old with a 10 year old. I have stretch marks from hip to hip. About 4.5 inches from the top of my belly button all the way down to my pelvic area. I really want to get rid of this extra fat and ugly stretch marks on my stomach.

Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty and Stretch Marks

Greetings. Based on the photos, a tummy tuck would address your concerns. Liposuction of the flanks can also be performed.  Talk with your plastic surgeon during your consultation to see what fit your needs and expectations. The risks, benefits, and complications of any procedure would be explained to you. Good luck!

Should I get a tummy tuck to get rid of my stretch marks and extra fat on my stomach?

From these photos you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover. A full tummy tuck a would address your area of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

Your best option is a lipoabdominoplasty.  This would eliminate most of the stretch marks, give you a significantly nicer umbilicus, and flatten your profile.  The drawback is a lower transverse abdominal scar but this with time can heal nicely and not be an issue. 

Reasonable Candidate

Thank you for your pictures.  It appears that a tummy tuck will give the best  result to improve the contour of your abdomen. There are plenty of good board certified plastic surgeons in the Hampton Roads area.  Please seek consultation.

Abdominoplasty

I agree with the other surgeons. You are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty, and it will accomplish what you want.

Should I get a Tummy Tuck

You appear to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck. This will remove the excess skin and fatty tissue. The stretch marks below your belly button will be removed, the ones at the level of your belly button will be low on your abdomen after the surgery.

Based upon your photos alone, you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. The tummy tuck will remove excess fat/tissue (including a lot of the stretch marks) and will greatly improve your abdominal contour. Just remember that because you have so many stretch marks, elimination of ALL stretch marks will be impossible but a lot of them will be removed. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can properly examine and evaluate you and recommend the best procedure for you. Good luck!!

Should I get a tummy tuck?

If you believe that you are done with your child bearing, then it makes good sense to enhance your figure with a tummy tuck. What you can expect is tighter skin, a flatter contour and better definition of the waist. Most but not ALL of the stretch marks will be removed. Be sure to search a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in body contouring and who will share photographic examples of his/her work with you.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Based on the information you provided, a tummy tuck would be a great operation to address your concerns.  Many of the stretch marks will be removed along with your excess abominal skin, and your abdomen  will be recontoured.  I recommend a visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about this surgery and the benefits it can provide.

Camille Cash, MD

Tummy Tuck

It is my pleasure to answer your question. You are a candidate for the tummy tuck surgery. Stretch marks below your belly will be removed.

Aramis Vega, MD