Do I need a breast lift or breast lift with augmentation? (photos)

Hi! I'm 22 with B-C breasts. I've never really noticed my breasts completely until this year, and I feel that they are looking saggy at times. Would a breast lift do the trick, or breast augmentation, or both? Please tell me what might be best for me

Do I need a breast lift or breast lift with augmentation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Breast augmentation without a lift

Thanks for sharing your question and your pictures.  You should be an excellent breast augmentation candidate, and based upon your pictures, a breast lift should not be needed.  I suggest that you tfind a board certified plastic surgeon in your community and have a consultation.  Once you have been examined and the surgeon has had the opportunity to speak with you about  your concerns of 'sagging', they will be in the best position to make surgical recommendations for you.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

I don't think you need a lift

You look great and if the perfect implant is chosen, it would provide you with added volume and can lift your tissues up to correct some droopiness (which I don't even think you have).  My advice is to consider an anatomically shaped implant and I think you would get an amazing result.  Consult and choose a board certified plastic surgeon that gets gorgeous results and feels comfortable with all implants and techniques.  Best of luck and I hope this helps!

Breast augmentation

Thank you so much for your question . In viewing your picture I think you are s good candidate for a Breast Augmentation . This will help fill the upper poles of your breast and usually slightly lift the nipples .

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift not required

You do not appear to need a lift. If you are unhappy with the size of your breast I expect you could achieve excellent results with implants alone.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Implants and lift?

Sometimes I perform a circumareolar lift along with the implants in patients with slightly low areola or asymmetry.  You would have to be evaluated in person. 

Breast augmentation

You are not sagging, maybe just a little deflated. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation alone. Good luck.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a great candidate for a breast augmentation. The Breast implants can be used to restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide a lifting.  This is a great approach in the right patient, and keeps scarring off of the front of the breast which I usually prefer.  The implant will increase fullness and fill the skin envelope.  Correct placement will also provide a few centimeters of lift, which is all many patients need for things to look perfect. Plastic surgeons are trained differently and have varying levels of experience and so the key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation. He or she should be able to clearly explain their approach and why they do things a certain way. I hope this was helpful.

Breast Augmentation

Assessing your nipple/areola position will give you an idea if you
should have a discussion about breast lift surgery with your plastic

If the nipple is positioned above the breast fold (inframammary
fold), then it is less likely that a lift will be recommended.  If the
nipple is at the level of the breast fold (Grade 1 in the below image),
then a lift may or may not be recommended depending on your goals.  If
the nipple is below the breast fold (Grade 2 in the below image), then
it is more likely that a lift will significantly improve the appearance
of your breasts.It may be possible to slightly raise the nipple position with an augmentation alone. Your picture tell me that the best procedure for you Is a breast Augmentation.

Implant only?

It depends on your desired result.Based on the two photos: 
If you want more fullness, (increased cup size) then an implant will provide that. 
Whether or not you would benefit from a lift or not depends on the size and shape of the implant and the placement of the implant.  It appears that you may not need a lift.  An implant may serve to fill and "lift" the breast at the same time in yor case.
However, if you do not want to be larger in the cup or only a little larger with a relatively small implant, then some degree of lift would be a consideration to give your breasts a more perky appearance.
I hope this helps.  Please consult with a board certified real plastic surgeon to give you advice in person.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon