I want to get Labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction with the help of my insurance I've had enlarged vagina parts since kids.

Can i get my insurance to cover some or all of the procedure im from nh and i have wellsence? How do i find a good surgeon? And who would i ask to help me get startes do i need to talk to my doctor about this issue or my gynecologist its just gotton worst since i have had kids im 25 years old and i cant have sex for to long because it all just gets in the way or i can not feel anything what can i do ?
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Insurance unlikely to cover labiaplasty

Labiaplasty is a cosmetic procedure that is not a medically necessary procedure thus is not covered by health insurance.

Labiaplasty

No good labiaplasty surgeons take insurance because most insurances don't cover this procedure. Don't go searching for cost. I know this sounds very self serving, but believe me, there are very few experts at this surgery, and NONE take insurance. Be selective and find the right doctor. It's good you're on real self. look at the other Q&A for a while... you'll see patient after patient posting: "Does this look normal? My GYN did a trim method and i'm in a lot of discomfort and my sutures are poking me" etc etc etc times 100+

Labiaplasty is not covered by insurance

Despite your symptoms, insurance companies do not view labiaplasty as medically necessary. This is ironic because the removal of hemorrhoids, only inches away, with discomfort issues is always covered. Nonetheless, most surgeons offer payment plans.

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. Many variances for Labia are normal and changes in their appearance are common after puberty and again after childbearing.

If the appearance of your Labia bothers you or you find them physically uncomfortable, you would be like many other women who see a Plastic Surgeon to improve these issues with a Labiaplasty. This is typically considered an elective, cosmetic procedure. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss your options.

All the best

#InsuranceAndVaginalRejuvenation

Unfortunately. It would be extremely uncommon for your insurance to cover what they would consider #VaginalRejuvenation Surgery.

Labiaplasty

It is highly unlikely that your insurance will pay for your labiaplasty.  There are third party financing companies such as Care Credit and Alphaeon that may be willing to help.  Good luck!

Insurance

It is highly unlikely insurance will pay for this. I recommend you see a surgeon experienced in labiaplasty for an evaluation and recommendations. From your description it seems you may be a very good candidate.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Insurance coverage for labiaplasty

I have never known insurance to cover labiaplasty. While there certainly may be functional or medical reasons to get it done, this is considered to be a cosmetic elective procedure. That's the bad news. The good news is that labiaplasty is not a particularly expensive procedure and can be done under local anesthesia. Some gynecologists and some plastic surgeons perform this procedure. Do a search right here on Real Self to find a board certified surgeon close to you with good reviews and expertise in this procedure. Evaluate credentials, cost, and most importantly make sure you are comfortable with whatever plan you and your surgeon come to.

Labiaplasty

Generally, labiaplasty is considered a cosmetic procedure by most insurance companies.  You may find a surgeon who can obtain insurance coverage but most surgeons that perform the procedure do not participate with insurance for this type of procedure.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Can Labiaplasty & Clitoral hood reduction be covered by health insurance?

Yes, in certain cases, Labiaplasty is covered by your health insurance carrier here in the USA. When a woman has enlarged labia minor that cause dyspareunia (painful intercourse due to the mechanical traction on the enlarged labia with penetration), difficulties with hygiene resulting in recurrent bouts of vaginitis (requiring treatment) documented in your medical records, and even increased frequency of urinary tract infections (due to bacterial overgrowth), insurance pre-certification can be obtained. I have done many Labiaplasty cases with insurance coverage, helping many women with these problems. Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon