Rhinoplasty - Achievable Or Not? (photos)

I have used Photoshop to manipuilate the photo to produce a result I'd be happy with. I'd like to know, do you think this is achievable or am I being unrealistic. Thanks.

Dorsal Hump Removal

You have done an excellent (and realistic job) Photoshopping away your dorsal hump and plunging tip.  The results are quite achievable.  I suggest you bring this schematic to your surgeon.  Please do your research carefully, and study your doctor's reviews, educational background, before-and-after photos.  If you can not find a surgeon in your area, many of us will conduct over-the-phone consultations.

Terry, your goals are certainly achievable.  Elegant dorsum, tip refinement with more definition are all things that can be achieved and improved upon with a well planned rhinoplasty.  Have you had any nasal surgery before? Any trouble breathing? These are also things that need to be considered as you wouldn't want to compromise any function while correcting the cosmetic aspect that is concerning you.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Desired nasal shape

Dear Terry, 

dorsal hump correction  and tio derotation and tip manipulations are common procedure during rhinoplasty.  Please go with your photoshoped photographs  during consultaion  with plastic surgeon. and discuss your wish in detail 

Best of luck Terry

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

What you want done is completely up to you.Rhinoplasty which typically starts at $5,500 depending on the area you live. To make sure you get the best possible result, the surgeon should perform a detailed exam of the nose and provide a realistic goal that you and your surgeon agree upon. Rhinoplasty are permanent, but with age facial features do change. Find a surgeon and go for a consult. Maybe try and see if the Dr can do photo imaging to show you what he or she can achieve.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Recommend consultation

You have illustrated a dorsal hump takedown, de-rotation, and de-projection.  This result is definitely achievable. There are a few functional things to consider when performing this surgery to maintain good breathing afterwards.   I would recommend a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.
Wish you the best!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon