Do people gain the weight of implant?

I have 275cc and my weight was always between 44 and 45 kg. I checked today and it was 47 for the first time. I look exactly the same, is it the implants ?

Weight gain after surgery

Hi and thanks for the question. You can expect a modest weight gain following breast augmentation. This is typically no more than 1-2 pounds at most. In the early post-op period, the large propensity of weight gain is typically secondary to fluid retention, which takes several days to normalize, depending on the procedure you have undergone. 

Dr. Vallecillos 

Breast Augmentation - Weight Gain From Implants?

Thank you for your question. Yes, you will gain the weight of the implant. However, it is common to have swelling in the first several weeks following surgery which may be cause of your perceived weight gain. This should resolve and return to your normal weight. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck with your recovery.

Gain weight

Hi, thank you for your questions. Yes most of our clients gain weight following surgery due to the weight of the implants and inactivity following the surgery. They tend to gain around 1-2 kg.

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain with augmentation

Because the breast implants are placed inside of your body you will gain the weight of the implants. 

Weight of Implants

Your weight will increase slightly depending on the size of your implant. You can look up your specific implant size/type and find the comparable grams in weight.

All the best

Weight gain.

Yes. Add the weight of the two implants and that is how much your weight will increase. Some women notice a slight weight gain due to inactivity following augmentation.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

How much do breast implants weigh?

The total weight of your two breast implants is approximately 1.21 lbs or 0.55 kg.  Your weight should have increased by that much over the long term.  Good luck!