23 years old, major hair loss, currently I do not see hair falling out for about 1 year. (photos)

I have been diagnosed with androgenetic hair loss , have a history of hair loss in the family from both mum/dad side. Would like to go ahead with FUE however I am worried it may still be early, would be fine to have one or two procedure at the momemtn and then in the future have another if required, I was told I can't do this because I do not have enough donor hair.

If your doctor who has examined you that you do not have enough donor hair, then you are not likely a candidate

If your doctor who has examined you that you do not have enough donor hair, then you are not likely a candidate for surgery.  If you want a second opinion it is best to see a doctor in person for an examination.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Different options for you

You can start a procedure to redefine your hair line. Keep in mind the importance of a non-surgical treatment to slow or even stop your hair loss. I have had patients that have very scarce donor and the solution has been extracting body hair or facial hair to be used as a filler. That way your hairline will look as natural and density will be added.Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

23 years old, major hair loss, currently I do not see hair falling out for about 1 year.

GreetingsThank you for your question and photos, Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women. To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Significant hair loss

Hair loss like yours is aggressive, and to treat it you have to be aggressive right back.  See a reputable hair doctor in your area to confirm you have androgenetic alopecia.  Then start by stabilizing your hair loss with medications: finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole shampoo, and LLLT/PBMT.  Hair transplant can work, but it is likely the last option and FUE is not usually the preferred technique.
Good Luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE at 23years age

Already reaching grade v balding pattern at the age of 23 years ..is always expected to reach grade VII or even more ..and most of the surgeons doing FUE with patients of early 20s...always go beyond permanent donor areas while extracting the grafts and in FUE you could never treat grade 7 baldness ........at this satge you should go for FUT treatments to save the donor hair for future planing.

Rana Irfan, MD
Pakistan Hair Restoration Surgeon

23 year old male with advanced hair loss

This type of hair loss in a man of your age indicates that you may end up with a Class 7 pattern of balding. This rarely can be treated with hair transplants. See a good doctor, get a diagnosis and a Master plan for your future

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon