V Beam Perfecta treatment expectations.

I just had a Vbeam Perfecta treatment on Monday for brown sun spots. Everything I read says the areas would turn red, which mine did briefly, but now they are brown and smooth - much darker and larger than the original spots. I understand they will peel off at some point and leave me with new lighter skin underneath. Is that correct and how quickly can I expect that to happen?

Vbeam for pigmentation

Your description is exactly how it should go. It will take up to a week for them to flake off. It is not necessarily a one and done treatment. After a couple weeks, another treatment might be needed. VBeam is not the best for spots, a QS laser might be better or Fraxel 1927 for a face covered with pigment. I like the Excel V better than the VBeam now.