Is There a Surgery That You Would Recommend That Could Fix my Face from Appearing Long? (photo)

After my late teens I have become more and more self conscious about the fact that my face is longer than the avg. males. I barely have any fat on my face and I'm not sure if that is one of the main causes of the problem. With my face appearing this way it causes me to be less photogenic and my face has more of a two demential shape. I also suspect that this is the cause of my gummy smile as well. (I attached three pictures below) Please let me know what you would recommend.

Doctor Answers 3

Is There a Surgery That You Would Recommend That Could Fix my Face from Appearing Long?

 From the photos provided the chin is extremely weak, making the upper face appear top-heavy.  As a young male, I'd recommend starting with chin augmentation using a chin implant.  The next step would be cheek implant to create more angularity to the flat cheeks.  Hope this helps.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Sliding Genioplasty for a Long Face

The most improveable procedure for your long face is the chin position. it is retruded and vertically long. A sliding genioplasty will bring the chin forward and vertically shorten it as well if the bony cut is done at the right angle. The potential benefit of a genioplasty could be determined by computer imaging from the profile view.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Long face

Your facial growth pattern is common. The upper has growths vertically and the teeth show belie the upper lip so a gummy smile occurs. The lower jaw grows steep angle with little jaw width giving a tapered look .see an oral maxillifscial surgeon for a proper treatment plan to obtain improved balance. 

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.