Slight tubular correction breast surgery 5 years ago. I am so unhappy with how my breasts look. Are they fixable?

I had my implants 5 years ago. I am 5ft 112 lbs. I had the right breast (smaller) crease scored. I also had a lift done. I have 300cc gel implants in the smaller breast and 250 in the larger left. The left has bottomed out and I don't feel the right ever settled into the pocket to begin with. I'm not concerned with size, but I long to have MOSTLY symmetrical looking breasts. I would be willing to go larger if that might help give me lower fullness. HELP!!

Are they Fixable?

Management of Tubular Breast issues can be a challenge particularly in the more severe cases. Correction of the constricted breast, which is only one component of the problem, generally requires significant manipulation of the breast tissue and fascia, and scoring is only one part of that process. Your left breast has not really bottomed out so much, but rather has a double bubble deformity with an implant base that appears to be wider than the base width of the breast tissue. It is important to understand the difference because the treatment will not be the same for either problem .

Ultimately and in-person consultation will be necessary to fully understand your situation and be able to formulate a successful treatment plan. My answer to you would be yes, there is hope for major improvement but you may not achieve perfection. You should definitely look for a surgeon who has significant experience in doing revisionary breast surgery because you have a complex set of problems.

Slight tubular correction breast surgery 5 years ago.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. Yes, there is definitely hope for improvement;  revisionary breast surgery  involving multiple maneuvers will be necessary to improve the outcome. Exactly what maneuvers will be necessary will depend on your physical examination and personal goals;  it is likely that significant adjustment of the breast implant capsules along with adjustments of the overlying breast skin envelope (such as additional breast lifting) will be necessary.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast Surgery Correction

Hello and thank you for your questio and photos in regards to surgical revision after a tubular breast deformity correction procedure. However difficult it may be, I feel it is possible for you achieve a pleasing and symmetrical result. Have you consulted with the original surgeon who performed your initial surgery? If he/she is no longer in practice or if you would like a second opinion, please be sure to schedule with a board certified plastic surgeon. Your satisfaction and comfort are top priority! Good luck and best wishes to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Your breasts are fixable

but just what is required can only be determined by what your goals are and what risks you are willing to accept.  Its unlikely the double bubble can be eliminated but it could be improved.  You should schedule a consultation either with your surgeon (if you still have a good relationship) or another surgeon with your pre and post-op photos available for review.   You should also have a list of your expectations so your surgeon can determine if they are realistic or not.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tuberous breast deformity present after Implants and breast lift

Hi KT,

Thanks for your question and photos. It CERTAINLY is correctable. I agree with all of your assessments except for the bottoming out. This is called double bubble or having two creases on your breast instead of one. Your original crease is the top on and the one created from surgery is the lower one. The implants likely need to be changed to a different position. Another lift would be required to reposition the areola into a better position. I would certainly see a breast specialist as your problem is not a simple one to fix but it can be done well, where you feel your breast are sizers and not cousins! Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastlift @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

See an expert in revision breast surgery for multiple issues after tubular correction.

You should expect significant improvement with a revision procedure but yours is not a simple case because of the pre-existing asymmetry, tubular breast, and prior surgery. See more than one plastic surgeon and preferable ones with experience and a special interest in revision procedures.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tuberous breast correction - post operative results #plasticsurgery

I agree that one of your implants has 'bottomed out' - that is, it has descended beyond the infra-mammary fold that was intended to support it. Such a revision generally requires construction of a new infra-mammary fold using a biomaterial like Strattice. We are happy to see you up in Seattle if you'd like to come up sometime.

Seek breast revision experts in your area to determine the best approach to repairing your problem. A capsule sling with larger implants and capsular repositioning will help

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Asymmetry After Tuberous Correction

The simple answer is Yes, you can have significant improvement in the appearance and symmetry of your breasts. There are several surgical options but to give advice in this complex situation without an exam is little more than guesswork. Get a consultation with an experienced surgeon. It would be very helpful at that meeting for you to have copies of your Before look as well as copies of the operative report from your initial surgeon.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

5 years ago. I am so unhappy with how my breasts look. Are they fixable?

You have a double deformity  and animation with muscle contraction
I commonly correct this with sub-fascial conversion (placement above the muscle) and possible mini lift

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon