Size after 350 Sientra anatomical gel implants? (Photo)

Hello, thank you for your help! I am scheduled to have 350 Sientra anatomical gel implants and I never ended up discussing with my PS how big of a cup size I will be. I know there's no perfect way to tell how I'll end up but can I get a ballpark? Right now I'm a 32b, 5'8" and 125 lbs. Also (maybe more importantly) how easy will it be to hide these things? Is there any chance I could put on a sports bra and a sweater and hide them from nosy relatives? Thank you!

Size After 350 Anatomic Gel Implants?

As you indicated, there is no way to predict cup size. Cup sizes vary amongst bra manufacturers so it is not a useful way to communicate what the results will look like on you. The issue of sizing is typically something that is thoroughly discussed during your consultation using a variety of educational tools including goal pictures, trying on various size implants, and photographic imaging. All methods have their limitations but it is surprising that you would have settled on a specific implant size without some serious discussion. 

You are relatively tall and are not starting with a lot of breast tissue. 350cc is a moderate sized implant and the anatomic implants tend to look smaller than a round implant of the same size. So this does not sound like it would look overly large on you but everyone has their own notion of what is over large. If you are still uncertain you should contact your surgeons office and let them know that you are uncertain about the size and would like to meet again to discuss further. Having breast augmentation surgery should be a well considered process and you want to feel comfortable with the decision.  

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Size after 350 Sientra anatomical gel implants?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. In other words, I do not think that the generalizations of "150 cc or 200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or is helpful in any specific way. There are simply too many variables such as a specific patient's dimensions and the variability in bra manufacturer's cup sizes…

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural look” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.