Rhinoplasty for a round, "bulbous" tip and Nostril Reduction?

I am 26 and I have been self conscious of my nose for most of my life. I hate how my nostrils are flared and I don't like the round tip either. I'm comfortable with the bridge of my nose but I understand that if one part of the nose is altered, other parts usually need to be done as well. Will surgery dramatically make a difference to reduce my flared nostrils and make the tip sharper?

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish reduction of the bulbous tip, refining the bridge line, shaving down the dorsal hump, and reducing the alar flare. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty will help you

You can expect refinement of your bulbous tip and reduction of flared nostrils with rhinoplasty. Rest of nose does not need to be changed unless it is your desire to change it. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Nasal Refinement.

Your best advice will come from a face to face evaluation with a Bd Certified facial or plastic surgeon. It appears that your tip can be conservatively narrowed and refined but a major area is the arching of your alar rim seen well on the side view.  Lowering this region with cartilage grafts will make your nose look more natural in my opinion.

Get several opinions before choosing your surgeon and good luck.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Bulbous tip and nostrils

As you said, to get the best results, the whole nose should be modified,  to get an attractive nose, 
BTW, I dont think that I would call your nostrils "flaring", The nostrils arch upwards and the columella is low, so you see into your nose. On the base view, your nostrils are properly elliptical and the alar base is not that wide.
I would also strongly recommend that you consider a chin implant to correct your receding chin.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

As an artist I like using the reshahaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving a thinner, more refined natural looking nose.

I like to to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and write a detailed operative plan .

I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding , bruising , and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique. It's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery.

For more information please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA