Can I restore my natural shape with MM and BBL even though my skin is stretched? Is there anything that can tighten the skin?

I am 5' tall. Normal weight is 110-115 lbs. I became ill & got up to 184 lbs in a VERY short period of time. I am covered in stretch marks. My body before/after kids, measured 34" chest, 23 inch waist, 35" bubble butt. I now weigh 125 & measure 34" chest, 29" waist, & 37" butt. I'm not sure if it is due to the stretched skin or lack of muscle tone, but my butt is no longer a bubble & is now flat-ish. I just want my normal shape. To look
natural. Not the typical BBL that looks fake. Suggestions?

Recover Stretched Skin with Mommy Makeover

Pregnancy along with aging result in weight fluctuations that can have a substantial impact on a woman’s body. It may cause loss of volume in areas such as breasts and buttocks and even affect the fat distribution in the face. It causes fat to be deposited in other unwanted areas, like your hips or thighs. It stretches the abdominal wall skin and muscle tone. And you can actually approach each of those areas and rejuvenate them and in some cases make them better than before pregnancy. It's always best to be at your ideal stable weight.Luckily the goal of these procedures is to recover the tone of skin that has been stretched on a woman's body, and when consulting with your plastic surgeon you should be able to determine which procedures would be best for you.

MM and BBL

I would recommend that you make a consultation appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon and check out the before/after photos on their web site as well as the number of surgeries he/she has performed.Discussing the options available with a PS with whom you feel comfortable and trust is very important.

Kenneth B. Hughes, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Beverly Hills & Los Angeles Locations

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and and fat grafting to the butt. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. You would also benefit from a breast lift +/- implant. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

MM and BBL even though my skin is stretched

Looking at the shape of your buttocks, it appears you were more athletic prior to becoming ill.  I think you will find with a regular weight resistance program that the shape of your buttocks will lift and become rounder as the gluteal muscles become more developed.  This will enhance whatever treatment you choose, should you decide on one, well-beyond the capabilities of any surgeon.  If working out is not in the cards for you, sure - a BBL will help your buttock look less square and flat. But if you can work out, I would recommend the gym before the knife. Best of luck to you!

Whitney A. Burrell, MD

Dr Derby

You look like a good candidate for MM and BBL , the skin appearance will always improve after fat grafting in the buttocks. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy make over ând brazilian butt lift

Hello
It is common to lose the quality of your skin after weight loss , plastic surgery can improve the appearance of your body, but does not guarantee a perfect result.

Mommy make over has become very popular because it basically is a set of surgeries combined to solve the aesthetics of different areas of your body, like your abdomen, breasts and buttocks. This are the areas that are most affected after pregnancy.

For brazilian butt lift , some patients decide gain weight before their surgery to have better results.

In your case i have to evaluate if you are candidate for this surgeries, more photos of your body (front, back and both sides) could help to give you a best recommendation
.

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Due to your weight gain then weight loss, the quality of your skin has decreased and you could benefit from fat grafting +\- lift.  You need to be examined to see how much fat is available and to state what your goals are.  Good luck!

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Can I restore my natural shape with MM and BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination, or full series of photographs, many patients who have seen a dramatic fluctuation in weight will benefit from some rejuvenation to their breasts, abdomen, or gluteal regions.  Most commonly this is a breast augmentation +/- a lift, with a fully tummy tuck and fat grafting to the buttock region.  Though I can not comment on the first two, I would be concerned that you do not have appropriate fat stores to be able to do a significant enough BBL.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best recommendations.

Mommy Makeover

I think your buttock shape is a good candidate for the buttock augmentation with fat injection (BBL).  However, in order to achieve a good result, you need to have adequate amount of subcutaneous fat to harvest for injection.  My concern would be that you may not have enough fat to give significant improvement of the buttock shape.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for further discussion.

Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD