Problems with All on 4 method. Any suggestions?

I just got my permanent dentures a month ago. The upper plate is not secure and keeps slipping despite adjustments. I have no problems with the implants themselves, but the upper plate drops with talking or eating. any suggestions?

Slippage of denture

It does not appear that you have a secure All on 4(tm) type prosthesis. What you may have is a snap on denture

An allon4(tm) type prosthesis does not move is rigid and very comfortable

I would suggest you touch base with your dentist to remedy the problem

Best of luck

All-on-4 teeth moving

If there is ever movement with the all-on-4 teeth you should visit your doctor immediately.

An overdenture on implants or snap in denture is expected to have some movement but should not readily pop out unless the snap on components are worn out or some issue exists with the bite.  Go have it checked out and figure out why you call what you have an all-o-4.

Best.

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Dentist

Implants and All on 4

the All on 4 hybrid teeth are screwed on and you can not remove them. If you have movement in the denture, this can damage the implants long term. Please go back to the dentist and have them help you with this problem. 

Kathy Frazar, DDS, FAGD
Houston Dentist

Moving denture

I think what you had was locator snap-in dentures. The all-on-4 doesn't move or should not move.

All on 4 doesn't move

I am a little confused. The All on 4 is a screw retained restoration, it shouldn't move at all. Perhaps your treatment isnt complete?  An alternative is a Deutsch Removable Bridge, that does come out, but only when you want it to. Easier to clean. 

Lance Timmerman, DMD, MAGD
Seattle Dentist