Pain following crown and ongoing problems; is this normal?

June '16, my dentist placed a crown over molar (#30) where he felt refilling the cavity would crack the tooth.

Problems with permanent crown #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. When a large cavity is removed and the prep is close to your nerve, it's not uncommon to experience discomfort for a few weeks. I would recommend returning to your dentist to have the tooth evaluated. It's possible that a simple bite adjustment will take care of the issues you have. However, if your nerves have before irreversibly inflamed, root canal treatment would be recommended. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Saint Louis Dentist

Last contacted 3 hours ago

Dental crowns

It is possible to feel sensitivity and/or slight pain on a tooth after any restorative work, including crowns. The sensitivity is usually temporary. If the sensitivity is intense, lingering for a while after removal of stimulus, or throbbing, then there is a concern. Pain with biting is also a concern as it may indicate a crack in the tooth. I would advise following up with your dentist. Good luck

Last contacted 3 days ago