Pain following crown and ongoing problems; is this normal?

June '16, my dentist placed a crown over molar (#30) where he felt refilling the cavity would crack the tooth.

Problems with permanent crown #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. When a large cavity is removed and the prep is close to your nerve, it's not uncommon to experience discomfort for a few weeks. I would recommend returning to your dentist to have the tooth evaluated. It's possible that a simple bite adjustment will take care of the issues you have. However, if your nerves have before irreversibly inflamed, root canal treatment would be recommended. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Dental crowns

It is possible to feel sensitivity and/or slight pain on a tooth after any restorative work, including crowns. The sensitivity is usually temporary. If the sensitivity is intense, lingering for a while after removal of stimulus, or throbbing, then there is a concern. Pain with biting is also a concern as it may indicate a crack in the tooth. I would advise following up with your dentist. Good luck