Was Voluma the next step? (photos)

I had restylene for the tear troughs with great results in 2013. I had a touch up in 2014 along a fill for my nasal fold - that resulted in an overfill on one side of my face. Most recently I had voluma administered and I'm not sure I care for the results. I'm 36 and looking to maintain - what should my maintenance really be (fillers/laser/etc)? Thank you for any feedback!

Maintenance of volume restoration.

You appear to have had a nice result from your Volume volume restoration. In the index study that got Volume its' FDA approval it was found that 67% of the Voluma was still present at 24 months, it is reasonable to have supplemental injections every 12-18 months after your initial treatment depending on your appearance and needs. Good luck!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Was Voluma the next step?

It appears you had a very nice improvement with the Voluma and I believe it was a good next step for you.  The product should last up to two years and really requires no maintenance in the meantime.  Be certain to use a good sunscreen and moisturizer.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for folds

Hello, Voluma would seem to be a reasonable choice if you have already been happy with other HA fillers such as Restylane.  It is typically used for adding volume rather than filling fine lines.

Voluma and other maintenace

I recommend botox and conservative amount of fillers for maintenance.  In addition, a skin care regimen with Clear and Brilliant laser or chemical peels and V-Beam to treat the sun damage.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma

Thank you for your question.  You had a nice fullness to your cheeks to start.  If you needed Voluma at all it should have been a minimal amount.  You should concentrate on sunscreen, a good skin care regiment, and perhaps gentle lasers like Clear and Brilliant or Laser Genesis.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Was Voluma the next step?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear that your Voluma results have not been what you anticipated.  I can see your areas of concern.  I do believe that after a good skin care regimen that the use of a wrinkle relaxer such as Botox, and fillers, like Juvederm or Voluma are the next steps in maintenance.  I am attaching a link to my blog where I cover many of these topics.  If you recently had the Voluma injected (less than a month ago) then I would allow your results to settle and become more natural appearing. If it has been longer than a month you can dissolve the Voluma to restore your prior appearance. You had a very nice facial shape and it appears as if too much Voluma was placed and placed too far back along your cheek.