Considering MM w BBL. Does tummy tuck pose major life threat? What should I do for the most effective procedure(s)? (photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.
Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.
Mommy make-over... major life threat?
- Tummy tucks are generally very safe but do have an increased risk of blood clots -
- Your surgeon will want you to be healthy for your surgeon.
- Congratulations on losing so much weight.
- It isn't clear from the photos whether you will do best with a tummy tuck or with a lower body lift (a 360 tummy tuck.)
- You have have a Brazilian butt lift at the same time but after a serious illness, I would recommend the BBL be done separately - the last thing you want is to do too much and have an avoidable complication.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Considering MM w BBL. Does tummy tuck pose major life threat? What should I do for the most effective procedure(s)?
When considering multiple procedures, it's important to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who is conservative and will not expose you to undo risk. All of the procedures that you mention are considered safe in healthy patients, but the main thing is deciding whether to do them all at once or separate the procedures. Each surgeon has their own preference and an in-person consultation will be needed to discuss these issues with you.
CoolSculpting may leave you with more loose skin, and will be relatively ineffective to help you obtain a dramatic change.
I prefer to perform Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck surgeries separately. I would offer a similar patient in my office extensive liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and back with fat transfer to the buttocks (BBL). A tummy tuck would then be performed during a separate operation.
Good luck with the process!