Lipo, smart lipo, vanquish, or coolsculpting? (Photos)

I'm currently 5'2" 125lb, done having kids. I've always been athletic, but had stubborn areas on my thighs/flanks/belly/triceps. I've always had a hard time finding pants that fit right because my thighs are larger for my frame. I work out regularly and eat fairly clean. Trying to decide what is the best option. I am looking for a doctor in either the Portland area, Salem, Eugene, or Tri-cities, WA

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Alternative is VANQISH, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

I suggest a vaser hi def contouring procedure.  This can give you an ultimate outcome especially if you are looking for an athletic shape.  Alternatives are non invasive options like coolsculpting, sculpsure, vanquish ... but they can only do a small amount of reduction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

What kind of liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Coolsculpting and vanquish at best will give 20% improvement which is not a great deal.
  • Liposution for your flanks will help them.
  • For your tummy - you need a tummy tuck. The bulge is not fat but loose muscle.
  • For your thighs liposuction as well - with a small cannula to reduce them all around to maintain the nice proportions.
  • I have not seen a difference in my practice between Vaser and traditional liposution results -
  • I would rely on your own plastic surgeon's advice.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo, Smartlipo, Vanquish or Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question and photos. What you listed are surgical and non surgical ways to reduce or remove fat. It depends what your end point or goal is. If you want minimal fat reduction, than the non surgical options might get you to your goal. If you want to have a sculpted torso and arms, then you would do best with VASER Hi Def Lipo. Traditional Lipo is good for debulking, fat reduction and Smartlipo is very slow and inefficient. It is often used with traditional or power assist liposuction. The true VASER Hi Def Liposuction technique is done by a small number of surgeons who had been trained in it. I trained with Dr. Alfredo Hoyos of Bogota, Colombia, the inventor of this highly effective body sculpting technique. Once you decide what your goal is, see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation. Good luck.

Lipo, Smart Lipo, Vanquish, or Cool Sculpting?

Thank you for your question and photos. The really good news is that you are at a very good weight after having children. Your photos don't demonstrate large amounts of excess fat anywhere, which makes you a good candidate for body contouring using any of the above procedures. It is important to remember that the results following fat reduction have a great deal to do with the quality & elasticity of the skin. This can only be accurately estimated with an in-person exam with an experienced plastic surgeon.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Invasive or non invasive body contouring

You are a candidate for liposuction or CoolSculpt, which depends on your goals. If you want to avoid an anesthetic, don't want down time, and are patient in how quickly you see results, CoolSculpt is a good option. If you don't mind having surgery in an operating room under anesthesia, want to see results right away, and can have a few days to recover, then Vaser ultrasonic assisted liposuction could be a good option. See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and the options.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

True tumescent liposuction is only real way to make a significant improvement.

Don't waste your  money on those gimmicky stuff. Save up and get tumescent lipo so you can get a real improvement that you will be so happy with.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon