Which type of lip augmentation procedure would be best? (Photo)

Hi, I have a relatively thin upper lip in comparison to my lower and wanted to do something about it- whether it be injections, fat transplant, or implant.. however, I'm concerned that there's not much "lip" to work with. i would love to have something more dramatic, but I don't want it to just end up looking like swollen skin.(since there is not much pink.) would doing anything to enhance my upper lip look unnatural..? I don't necessarily want a puffier lip, just more lip.

Filling Lips to Enhance the Upper Lip Naturally

In our office , we like most all of the hyaluronic fillers on the market, including the Juvederm and Restylane families of products. Since aesthetic contouring is as much an art as a science, a good injector should help you decide on the choose of filler. It will depend on where the filler will be used, how what your expectations are for the results and after-care. Our advise would be to do the LESS permanent procedure to "tweak" the outcome exactly as you like them. Then  you might reconsider some other long-acting fillers.

San Juan Capistrano Physician

Small Upper Lip

I would start out with the least invasive method to correct this problem, fillers.  Juvederm or Restylane are a great solution to adding more volume to show more of the pink of the lips.  I would start with no more than one cc.  The great thing about these products is that they are reversible as well.  

Luis A. Vinas, MD

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip augmentation

Hi there, your upper lip can be augmented with injectable filler materials such as Restylane or Juvederm.  I've found fat to be less controllable in this delicate area.  You'd be surprised how large even "thin" looking lips can be enlarged, so please be aware.  I do not recommend lip implants here, have taken out too many.  Hope this helps.

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

you can get improvement with fillers, fat or implants. I like fillers in younger patients.  I suggest you see cosmetic dermatologist with experience to formally evaluate you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation

For lip augmentation I stick with Juvederm Ultra XC.  A small amount goes a very long way and would allow you to meet your goals.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon