How much of an improvement can I expect from a BBL? (photos)

My concern with my butt is it is not at all proportional to my legs. Also, the shape is too "V" looking. Can I somewhat change that? Would I be a good candidate for a BBL? Which butt shape is most realistic for what SHAPE I already have? Is a more round look achievable? Will my butt be "jiggly" or firm? (I want it to be jiggly) Can a BBL improve the look (or get rid of) cellulite on the butt?

BBL & Expectations

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. A V shaped butt can have to causes:  1) Excess fat in the flanks & upper butt 2) Your Waist bones flair out.If it is fat, then this can be easily correct and has a great results.  If the problem is from your bone, then this can be camouflaged with lipo and fat grafting; the overall contour is improved.  The butt is typically firmer then prior to surgery.  Based on your photos, the round shape is probably more achievable due to your frame structure.  Lipo may improve cellulite but does not correct it.  Currently, there is no complete correction for liposuction.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Buttock shape

Your shape is more square than V shaped but can certainly be improved with liposuction and fat transfer. Cellulite will not be changed that much at all with this type of surgery. It will be firm for a few weeks but when the swelling resolves it will be softer and more natural feeling. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person to see if you are a good candidate.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL improvement

Based on your photo you may be a great candidate for a Brazilian butt lift procedure. Your shape will be greatly improved with the contouring of this procedure. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with this procedure. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

You would have a nice result with BBL

Hello and thank you for your question! Looking at your pictures, I think that you have the right framework to achieve a better look. Your silhouette would be greatly improved by aggressive liposuction of your flanks, abdomen, and lower back. By slimming the contour of your waist, flanks, and back with liposuction, your buttocks will already appear perkier when put next to a much slimmer waistline; liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest fat to also transfer to your buttocks to further enhance this look. The shape which you desire can be created to your wishes by placing the fat in the right places to give you the "buttock shape" you desire. It is hard to determine how much fat you can get injected into each buttocks without an in-person examination, but this detail and the shape that makes you the happiest can be discussed during your consultation. Many premiere plastic surgery practices have credit and financing options to help make surgery more affordable for you too. I hope this helps and make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques.

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

How much of an improvement can I expect from a BBL?

You appear to be a good candidate for the procedure but relying on wish pics can get you into trouble as every patient has a different built and no two patients are the same. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos. Unfortunately, your photos show a very limited area of your torso. You have more of a square shape and not a V shape. A BBL is fat transfer to the buttocks, and this is only part of the procedure. The other part is the sculpting to define the waistline and this has to be sculpted down to the muscle fascia, remove the fat off the back, hips, abdomen. I prefer the VASER Hi Def Liposuction technique, in my hands this gives the most sculpting based on your anatomy. I trained with the inventor of the technique, Dr. Alfredo Hoyos in Bogota, Colombia. The VASER does make a difference, only those who do not understand the technology and capability and are not trained in it, will disagree. The transferred fat will feel soft, natural and "jiggly". If it feels hard, that means the patient has fat necrosis and will loose volume. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting for an in person consultation. Good luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Dialing in improvements

The biggest difference between the different pictures including your own that you have posted is not fat distribution but musculoskeletal structure. People who have an inherent small waist and around curves were born with those. Rearranging fat through liposuction and fat transfer can help and sometimes help a lot. There are still inherent limitations on what can be done to work around someone's muscular skeletal structure that is different than what they are wish shape should be. Fat transfer it will not improve cellulite and can make it worse. It's not possible to dial in firm or jiggly when doing fat transfer procedures. Generally the area will become a firmer from fat transferred. When looking at before and after pictures look for people who have a similar body shape and contour to your own in the before pictures. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Thank you for your question.The improvement from a BBL surgery comes from two things. The first is using liposuction to narrow the waistline and flanks so that an S-curve shape is created through the back, waist, and flanks. Fat is then transferred to add fullness to areas of the buttocks that need more fullness. This not only increases the projection of the buttocks, but also helps create the S-curve shape from the flank down through the buttocks into the thigh.You would benefit from liposuction of the full areas at the top of your buttocks. This will improve the V-shape. You then need fat placed throughout the buttocks, but most importantly on the outside of the buttocks to create the S-curve. How much fat is transferred depends on how much fat you have to donate. Fat can be harvested from the tummy, bra roll, lower back, flanks and thighs. Only an in-person consultation can determine how much excess fat you have to donate to your buttocks.