I am 5'3, 120lbs. Digital picture and measurements below. What would you recommend? (Photo)

Based on my image and measurements, what would you recommend? I want full breasts that aren't too round or hard looking. Not obvious, but definitely enough volume to add shape.

ChoosingMy implants is a personal decision

and I advocate the use of external sizers with unlined bras as being a very reliable method to help you see what size will work for you best and provide you the look you want.  And my patients pick the size and I pick the style that would best provide the look my patient wants to achieve.

I am 5'3, 120lbs. Digital picture and measurements below. What would you recommend?

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, using your measurements alone is not the best way to pick the perfect implant for you.

Measurements are important, but equally as important is the look that you hope to achieve. In my office, patients try on implants in a sports bra with clothing. This helps give a sense of the amount of fullness that you desire. Some women want to look very natural, while others want to look "augmented."

Consider consultations with multiple surgeons in your area, so that you can which surgeon is right for you.

Best breast volume

How full is full?  This is where sizing bras and computer imaging can be helpful but not fool proof.  Without the benefit of an exam of your tissues, guesstimating is disingenuous. Several pre op visits with multiple consultants would be your best bet.  Much cheaper than revisional surgery.  Best widhes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately, in spite of all the numbers on that digital image it is of little help in answering your question. Determining the best implant size and shape requires a consultation and examination, and hopefully wish photos. There are many factors that go into the choice that cannot be obtained from a photo. But in general, most patients prefer the silicone filled implants because of their natural shape and most slender patients have a better outcome with submuscular placement, and of course the dual plane positioning. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

In between a 275-300 CC Moderate + profile implant

Hello. Thank your for your question in regard breast augmentation.
It is important when considering a breast augmentation to have a clear communication with your plastic surgeon in regarding your goals.There is a combination of methods that use as surgeons tried to which desired look.Some of these methods include plead examination, breast diameter measurements and nipple to inframammary fold measurements, the dimensional computer systems and implant sizers.
Your PS should have discussed the pros and cons of the different implants. There are many sizes that would look great on you and you should work closely with your PS to find the ideal size.
In your specific case I WOULD FAVOR a dual plane method. It is obvious based on this forum that plastic surgeons will have different answers for you. It is important that you discuss the pros and cons with your plastic surgeon to determine the best position.

The incisions of the Dual Plane breast augmentation surgery include:

Decrease Risk of Capsular Contracture- due to the submuscular position of the implants
More natural appearance
Once small, inconspicuous exterior incision
More natural movement as you walk.

Best of luck of your surgery !

What breast implants would you recommend?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting a good place and should have a very nice outcome with a well executed breast augmentation procedure.

Careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “full breasts” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Implant Size Options

Your Plastic Surgeon can recommend a small range of sizes which fit your breast measurements and your aesthetic goals. My patients find it most helpful to try on the implant sizers with a form-fitting t-shirt in the office in order to get an idea of the look they like. I recommend that you discuss implant recommendations further with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

What size implants should I get?

Thank you for your question and photo.  No online reviewer can diagnose or make treatment recommendations without a complete history and an in person examination.  You know your body and your desires better than anyone else. This is a decision that should be between you and your plastic surgeon. Face to face consultation and exam, measuring your dimensions and evaluating your tissue characteristics should help you and your surgeon reconcile your desires with what your tissues will accommodate. There are several sizing options that your surgeon can review with you. You should have thorough education and understanding of your options. These are decisions that should be made as team of educated patient and knowledgeable, skilled surgeon.  Begin with a face to face consultation with a a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this area. After your consultation they should be able to let you know your options. Once you know your options then you can decide if it makes sense to have surgery. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

I would suggest a round , smooth silicone  implant in the range of 325cc moderate plus profile. Also do consultation with surgeons to see what other surgeons recommends what implant size best fits you.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of breast augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Breast augmentation - please recommend an implant

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I do not believe it is possible to recommend an implant size long-distance.
  • This is a personal decision that needs discussion with your surgeon -
  • A 500 cc implant in most women of 5.3 and 120 pounds will look very very big and top heavy -
  • But some women want and like that look.
  • I have had women your height who are happy with much smaller and much larger implants - 
  • because of the look they want.
  • I suggest you buy a bra of the kind you want to fill out, select various on-line photos of the look you have in mind and have a consultation with one or more plastic surgeons until you find one who seems right for you.
  • I attach a video with other hints on finding the right implant -
  • There is no substitute for trying on sizers, seeing what fits your wish bra and having a surgeon's personal advice after an examination.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS