Help! Is there any hope that my nose can be fixed/symmetrical? My tip is awful. I've had two surgeries already (Photo)

What can be done to restore my nose? Revision rhinoplasty specialist candidates? I need revision rhinoplasty for the second time, is there any hope?

Revision rhinoplasty

Hi there,

The septum is both crooked and unstable. You're definitely going to need a rib graft to reconstruct a straight, stable septum. Once that is done, the tip can be worked upon to make it straighter and a better shape.  Your skin envelope looks fine.

The way forward it so consult with rhinoplasty specialists who can advise you and undertake the surgery.

All the very best.

Howard Webster

Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

Revision rhinoplasty can typically improve asymmetries in tip and nostrils.  Typically cartilage grafting from ear and/or rib is needed to give more support to the nose.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Tip Rhinolasty Revision Candidate

Hi Ashley, based on your photos provided, it does appear you are a candidate for a revision tip rhinoplasty procedure. It looks like you will need the entire tip rebuilt. Take a look at my website gallery to get an idea of what type of change is realistic. You can also take a look at my Instagram @drhilinski to see a few recent examples of similar deformities that I operated on involving the tip and soft triangle region.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

You will need a revision rhinoplasty and should wait a year before committing to another one.   You would have to be examined in person to determine what the tissues are like, and your goals of surgery.

Revision Rhinoplasty Expectations

I encourage you to consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist; reconstruction of the tip and mid-portion of your nose will be challenging but significant improvement can be achieved which will make it worth your time and money. 

help! Is there any hope that my nose can be fixed and made more symmetrical? I've had two surgeries already

A tertiary revision  rhinoplasty is a very difficult procedure in light of the fact that there is already extensive scar tissue, significant asymmetries, and previous alterations to the normal nasal anatomy. It's important to have reasonable expectations forward about what can and cannot be accomplished with a revision rhinoplasty procedure. Revision rhinoplasty is the hardest operation to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so it's important to choose your third surgeon based on extensive experience. In addition, an in-person examination is required to make a determination about what can be improved and also see about how much cartilage is left on the inside of the nose for potential grafting purposes

Revision rhinoplasty for the very asymmetrical tip etc.

Revision rhinoplasty for the very asymmetrical tip etc. Yes you can have a much better tip! See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you photos of results on noses like yours. In my opinion after more than 35 years since pioneering "open rhinoplasty" in this country this is a perfect example of a nose that should be done open.

There is almost always hope...

It appears that your tip cartilages are misshapen and displaced....this is most certainly from a lack of support...as long as the vestibular skin of your nose is soft and healthy, sources of cartilage (septum/rib) are always available

Take your time finding an expert rhinoplasty surgeon who devotes a significant portion of their practice to rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty.....make sure that the assessment and plan make sense to you

Good luck....