Glabellar lines Juvederm fill. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have an appointment for juvaderm fill . I'm 29, I have full lips but would like a little more on top. I'm considering purchasing half a syringe of juvaderm for treatment of glabella lines and a bit on my lips. Will this be enough ? Is there anything else I can do it any other recommendations ?

Combination of Botox and Juvederm works best

I'd suggest Botox for your glabellar lines and Juvederm ultra for lip polish/augmentation.  If the Botox does not completely soften your glabellar lines then a small thread or two of Juvederm may help you get more completely smooth.

Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Is The Primary Treatment For Glabellar Lines

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Botox is the best treatment for the glabellar area.  Softening the contractile ability of the underlying muscles will improve the appearance of your overlying dynamic creases.  I would not recommend Juvederm for your glabellar area.  Based on your photograph, you appear to have have beautiful and naturally full lips.  So, I would suggest a very conservative lip augmentation with Juvederm, if at all.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Christian N. Ford, MD
Cohasset Physician

Botox or Dysport best treatment for frown lines

Hi there!
Judging from your glabellar photos, I think your best and safest option is to try Botox or Dysport in this area to quiet down the muscular activity that is creating the lining or #11s in between your eyebrows.  While the lines at rest may not be gone entirely after your first treatment, patients will often notice gradual  improvement in the etched lines at rest after repeated treatments.  It's important to realize that Botox treatment in this area is also preventative.  While fillers CAN be used in this area, it is not usually the first line of treatment, and carries a risk for complications.
You have beautiful, full youthful lips, but could consider a small amount of filler to hydrate them! 

Frances Jang, MD
Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Glabellar Area; Facial Sculpting with Fillers Like Sculptra/Radiesse/Voluma

I would suggest using Botox for the glabellar area. Botox works great for the "11 lines", and best in combination with lasers, microneedling and fillers if deep. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist for evaluation and optimal treatment results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler injection for lips and glabellar lines

I don't think you need filler for your glabellar (frown) lines. 16-20 units of Botox should do the trick. 

As for your lips, they appear to have adequate volume and based on the photos you have provided I probably wouldn't inject them. 

Shaun Patel, MD
Miami Physician

Juvederm To Glabellar And Lips

You don't need any Juvederm to your glabellar area. You need Botox or Dysport to weaken muscle movement. As for your lips, the bottom lip should be larger than the top lip. Right now looking at your picture they look very close in size. Giving filler to the top lip only it may end up larger than the bottom and give you a duck lip appearance. You already have pretty good volume to your lips. Please see an experienced injector that can guide you towards the appropriate treatments. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Best treatment for glabellar wrinkles and lines?

Thank you for your question which I believe is an important one. Glabellar wrinkles respond extremely well to Botox or Xeomin injection in my experience. Like many others I refuse to inject filler into that area due to reports of blindness resulting from fat injection in the glabellar region. I have not heard of blindness from filler injection but prefer to not take the risk! Try Xeomin or Botox and I suspect that will be very satisfied with the results.

Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Glabella Lines Treated with Botox not Juvederm

Dear healthinterests, The glabella lines are best treated with Botox and not Juvederm. A small amount of Botox should provide a very nice result in relaxing the glabella muscles. It is important that the lower lip is fuller then the upper lip so be careful enhancing the upper lip alone. Speak with your physician injector for the best treatment plan. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Filler in the glabellar

Thank you for the photos. Your glabella lines can be safely and effectively treated directly with Botox. Using filler in the glabellar area is considered off-label (not cleared by the FDA). There is also a higher risk of blindness from filler injection into that area due to the arteries in the glabella connecting with the vascular system of the eye. You should not inject filler into your lips before the glabella as the lips and mouth are considered a contaminated area. Also, filler in the glabella area may also give you a heavy look to the brow which you may not like. Juvederm in your lips and botox in your glabella can give you a pleasant result. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Juvederm for glabella and lips?

Thank you for sharing your question. Juvederm is safe and effective for lip enhancement. It appears from the photos that you do not lack volume in your lips, but it is possible to add a little more fullness if that's you're desired appearance. You are much better of having Botox or Dysport injected into the glabella. This will weaken the muscles which create your frown lines. See an experienced doctor for these procedures.
Good luck,

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon