How can I fix uneven eyebrows and eyelids? (Photo)

How can i fix my eyebrows and y eyelids to make them moré symetrical?

Eyebrow asymmetry

•  You have a condition called ptosis of the left upper eyelid. In your case this is probably congenital . What that means is that the eyelid lifting muscle inside the eyelid is not working or not attached. To compensate you lift up your brow on that side.  A ptosis correction should even up your eyes. Your best option is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon who is experienced in ptosis repair

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyelid ptosis

Based on your posted photos, you seem to have mild asymmetric ptosis of the upper eyelids, left side likely more than the right. Based on that droop of the left upper eyelid, you are subconsciously raising your left eyebrow to compensate. This leads to an eyebrow asymmetry. Now some people have natural facial asymmetry, and this may still be a factor. An in person consultation with an Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon would be ideal to tease out these possibilities.

I have posted a link to my gallery of ptosis repairs, and if you look for patients with asymmetric ptosis, you can pick out the eyebrow asymmetry, and also how it improves after we fix the eyelid droop.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

How to fix uneven eyebrows and eyelids?

It does appear that you have ptosis in one of your upper eyelids.  This is caused when a muscle in the upper eyelid weakens and results in the upper eyelid falling lower across the eyeball than it should.  In many cases, the eyebrow on that side will elevate to try and compensate for the change.  I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic surgeon to be evaluated.  It is usually possible to correct ptosis with a surgical procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes

When we see this appearance it is amost always a result of ptosis of the upper lid (droop). The brow goes up as compensation to try and hold the lid up. See a surgeon experienced in ptosis surgery. Once that is fixed the brow will settle. Botox into the higher brow is definitely NOT a good idea. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Complex question

So even though it seems like it should be an easy thing to fix, I wonder if in your case it might be harder than that. 

At first sight it looks simple like your left brow is higher than the right showing more upper lid and making that eye look more awake. 

A simple solution to this would be to botox above the high brow and things would simply be much more symmetrical. My only brief concern from your pictures is if you have some mile facial bony asymmetry. The left side of your face in these pictures seems a little longer than the right. Facial asymmetry is common and is nothing to worry about but it cannot be easily fixed. Certainly your lid position seems even on both sides so that is a good thing as ptosis correction is difficult. 

You would need to see a plastic surgeon face to face as the facial asymmetry might just be in the photos and not real but it is worth bearing it in mind. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin