Do I have enough fat for a successful BBL? 5'5", 135lbs. (photos)

I am 36YO, 4 kids, I am 5'5" and weigh 135lbs. This is the natural weight for my body right now. I just started working out regularly. I have been this weight for a year since I had my daughter. I am hoping now is the time for a BBL! Would I need to gain a little or just maintain this weight? I would like as big and they can go with my fat since I don't think it will be too insanely big. I am not quite as large as my pics make me look. Do the "Goals" pics look within reason? *

Based on your photos, you appear to a good candidate for BBL. I would recommend a virtual or an in person consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Bbl

Thank you for your question,I would recommend an in person consultation for a better evaluation,it appears to me you have enough fat for the transfer and give you a good result,consult carefully with a board certified PS,good luck!

Do I have enough fat for a successful BBL? 5'5", 135lbs.

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your weight and height, your BMI is 23. You are a good candidate for a BBL procedure. The ideal images you posted are of much younger women with seemingly "perfect" skin. A BBL is not only injecting fat into the buttocks for shaping and enhancement, but also of artistic sculpting of the rest of the body to give you the best result. In my practice, I specialize in advanced body sculpting techniques using the VASER Hi Def Liposuction for contouring. If you want the best improvement, you might need a tummy tuck at the same time. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques. You do not have a lot of fat, so it is important that this be done by an expert, since you will not have a second chance. Good luck.

From your photos it appears that you will have a nice result with a BBL. The exact amount of fat requires an in-person examination to evaluate, but liposuction of your waist and hips will give you a hourglass shape. Transferring the fat to your buttocks will improve the shape to create roundness similar to your wish pictures. Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon when considering Brazilian butt lift surgery.

Brazilian Butt Lift revision/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  From your photos, you appear to be a very good candidate for BBL.  You should get a great result from liposuction, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

Based on the pictures posted you have enough fat in the flanks and abdomen for a good result of Brazilian Buttock Lift.

Reshaping the area around the buttock and hips

It would depend on the surgeon expertise

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination performed and review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate to undergo cosmetic surgery. One thing your wish pics have in common is that they all have smaller waists, bigger hips and large buttocks. This can be achieved with a BBL. When it comes to Brazilian butt lifts and achieving your cosmetic goals, there are several factors that have to be considered; how much fat you have to harvest, what areas you can harvest the fat from and how much to safely reinject into the buttocks for optimal fat survival. Sometimes it is a good idea to stage a BBL so you can increase the chance of fat survival because if you reinject too much at once, you have a higher chance of it not all surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals then you may want to consider the combination of buttock implants along with fat grafting. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon