Can I get a Facelift Revision and a Breast Lift/Reduction at the same time?

Hi there. I am wanting a facelift revision and a breast lift/reduction. Is it fairly common/doable to have these two procedures at the same time?

Fcaelift Revision Breast Lift

This is a good question.  The way I would approach this as a surgeon is to focus on each individual problem  You are having revision facial surgery and this is important as it is a revision.  I think this should be the main focus on that day of surgery.  A breast lift surgery is involved and usually more complicated.  In doing so, this surgery is usually 4 hrs plus or minus.  This surgery should be the main surgery of that day.  Therefore, choose wisely when you decide.  I hope this helps.

Newport Beach Physician

Combining facelift with another surgical procedure

In my practice we routinely perform a face lift with another procedure, such as breast surgery, nose surgery, etc.  It is important to properly asses each patient for suitability, the total length of the surgery, and choice of anesthesia to achieve an excellent and safe outcome.  Seek out an experienced and talented surgeon for an in person evaluation. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

A Facelift Revision with a Breast Lift/Reduction

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. 

Yes, it is possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result. 
Additionally, if you are a candidate to undergo other procedures while having your facial surgeries, you may be able to have another area of the body addressed as well.

The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed. 
It is extremely important to seek a board certified plastic surgeon highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Costs will be contingent on the procedures recommended and you agree upon.

Combinations surgery

It is not unusual to combine facial and breast surgery at the same time. Make sure to consult with a PS that can show you pictures of both and has the experience to carry out both procedures.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Revision same time as Breast Surgery

Thank you for your question.  Combining both procedures should not be a problem regarding safety, both procedures approximately taking 4 hours.  Overall it being preferable in terms of cost - only paying one anaesthetist /hospital fee and one recovery period.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. All The Best

Can two procedures be safely done during same surgery?

Hello HowDoYouKnow-

I think your proposed breast surgery can safely be done with another procedure such as a tummy tuck ('mommy makeover'), a rhinoplasty or a facelift revision. If you know that you are going to eventually do both procedures, there may be a slightly lower risk to do them both at the same time rather than at two separate times. I believe there is no significantly increased risk between a surgery that is 4 hours long versus 6-8 hours long. 

Good luck to you.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will be fine

that combination should be fine. The main concern with those two operations is time in theatre. Ideally, aesthetic procedures should take less than 3-4 hours to keep them in the optimum safety window. depending on your surgeon, I think you are there or thereabouts with that combination. Certainly, at the same time is preferable in terms of cost and recovery periods. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Adam Goodwin, MBBS, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Secondary facelift combined with breast reduction surgery?

Both procedures can be done under one anesthetic however the extent of the needed procedures would be important in my making a determination of safety.  I prefer to avoid anesthesias of over six hours and most breast reductions require 2-3 hours.  Facelifts can vary from 2 hours for a facelift alone, to 4-5 hours for facelift, blepharoplasty, browlift and necklift with fat grafts.  Remember that safety should be paramount even though one anesthesia, one recovery and lesser expense may be appealing.  Discuss your choice carefully with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon before making a decision. Regards and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Differing opinions

From the other answers here it's clear there's some difference in opinions on this.  Some facelift revisions are fairly quick and straightforward, while others may take longer to do.  The same goes for breast lift/reduction.  I have combined breast and facial procedures safely but if there is any doubt in my mind based on the anticipated length of the operation, the patient's medical history, or other factors I may recommend two operations rather than one.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and discussion on how you can proceed safely and get the best result from both procedures. 

Scott Thellman, MD
Lawrence Plastic Surgeon

Simultaneous face/body surgery

It is very possible and quite common to combine face and body procedures.  This helps save on recovery time and cost.  Safety is not an issue as long as you are healthy and the total time does not exceed 7 hours.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS