Can I get a Facelift Revision and a Breast Lift/Reduction at the same time?

Hi there. I am wanting a facelift revision and a breast lift/reduction. Is it fairly common/doable to have these two procedures at the same time?

Facelift Revision same time as Breast Surgery

Thank you for your question.  Combining both procedures should not be a problem regarding safety, both procedures approximately taking 4 hours.  Overall it being preferable in terms of cost - only paying one anaesthetist /hospital fee and one recovery period.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. All The Best

Can two procedures be safely done during same surgery?

Hello HowDoYouKnow-

I think your proposed breast surgery can safely be done with another procedure such as a tummy tuck ('mommy makeover'), a rhinoplasty or a facelift revision. If you know that you are going to eventually do both procedures, there may be a slightly lower risk to do them both at the same time rather than at two separate times. I believe there is no significantly increased risk between a surgery that is 4 hours long versus 6-8 hours long. 

Good luck to you.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will be fine

that combination should be fine. The main concern with those two operations is time in theatre. Ideally, aesthetic procedures should take less than 3-4 hours to keep them in the optimum safety window. depending on your surgeon, I think you are there or thereabouts with that combination. Certainly, at the same time is preferable in terms of cost and recovery periods. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Secondary facelift combined with breast reduction surgery?

Both procedures can be done under one anesthetic however the extent of the needed procedures would be important in my making a determination of safety.  I prefer to avoid anesthesias of over six hours and most breast reductions require 2-3 hours.  Facelifts can vary from 2 hours for a facelift alone, to 4-5 hours for facelift, blepharoplasty, browlift and necklift with fat grafts.  Remember that safety should be paramount even though one anesthesia, one recovery and lesser expense may be appealing.  Discuss your choice carefully with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon before making a decision. Regards and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Differing opinions

From the other answers here it's clear there's some difference in opinions on this.  Some facelift revisions are fairly quick and straightforward, while others may take longer to do.  The same goes for breast lift/reduction.  I have combined breast and facial procedures safely but if there is any doubt in my mind based on the anticipated length of the operation, the patient's medical history, or other factors I may recommend two operations rather than one.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and discussion on how you can proceed safely and get the best result from both procedures. 

Scott Thellman, MD
Lawrence Plastic Surgeon

Simultaneous face/body surgery

It is very possible and quite common to combine face and body procedures.  This helps save on recovery time and cost.  Safety is not an issue as long as you are healthy and the total time does not exceed 7 hours.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Time and patient safety

Thanks for the great question. Although it is certainly possible to do both a revision facelift and breast lift/reduction at the same time, doing them together may not be the safest thing for you. There is a lot of research demonstrating that it is best to try and keep procedures to less than four hours. This helps to decrease infection and complication rates. So although it is possible to perform both procedures together, it would be difficult to do both in under four hours. I hope this helps and best of luck!