Are my expectations feasible? (photos)

I have a very bulbous tip and nose that extends out very far, along with a dorsal hump. I'd like the hump completely removed, the tip upturned a bit/raised, the tip greatly reduced in size, and smaller nostrils to balance. I've attached an edit I made in Photoshop to show what I mean.

Are My Rhinoplasty Expectations Realistic?

A rhinoplasty procedure to remove your hump, shorten your nose, and decrease tip projection would provide a more feminine appearance by making your nose more proportional to your surrounding soft facial features. You should also consider a chin implant which will itself make your nose look smaller.

Rhinoplasty result

Your results are feasible. Achieving your goals of hump reduction, tip rotation and de-projection (set back) are common maneuvers that you appear to be a good candidate for.  Please visit a few experts in your area for a rhinoplasty consultation. You will get your photographs digitally imaged to show you how you might look. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Reasonable rhinoplasty expectations?

From your photographs you appear to be a very good candidate for an open rhinoplasty to improve the proportions of your nose and enhance your facial appearance.  Meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to review photographs of other patients and formulate a plan.  Best of luck.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Open rhinoplasty for nasal tip improvement

Your desire for improvement in nasal features seems reasonable - open rhinoplasty with dorsal hump reduction with tip refinement.

Rhinoplasty for long droopy nose

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for the overprotected nose, etc.

A rhinoplasty done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses will give you a more attractive and feminine face. Relay on the surgeons actual results and not on imaging.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photographs you have posted and your cosmetic goals, I believe you would benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty although, I do recommend submitting frontal photographs. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Are my expectations feasible?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved  using your Photoshopped picture as a guideline to achieve a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Your expectations are realistic. With your editing your appearance in Photoshop, I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon whose office has imaging capability. It is a fun exercise to work with the patient to utilize precise imaging technology to see how certain procedures will affect the patient's aesthetic appearance and align with their goals.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

A rhinoplasty and chin implant combination can help significantly with facial balance and proportions.  The limited photograph demonstrates an overly projecting nose and an under projecting chin. Consider performing a closed rhinoplasty  approach to decrease the projection of the nose, remove the dorsal hump, refine the nasal tip, and narrow the bridge line. Placement of a small chin implant will augment the  chin forward which helps with the side profile, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin  as an outpatient procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information  and many before-and-after results of this combination, please see the link and the video below