Drains in for over a week on a breast revision? Will my breasts settle if they are this high now? (Photo)

Aug. 31st I had a breast revision (450cc saline implants for 565cc textured round Sientra implants) to fix issues with rippling and increase breast size. I was told by my surgeon I would have drains, but was not expecting them to be in for over a week now. In addition, I am concerned that my implants are too high and may not settle into a more natural shape. I would appreciate a second opinion by a professional (I am also in communication with my doctor's office). Thank You so much!

Get the drains out

Hello,Drains and implants don't get along, and eventually bacteria will find a way in.  They look appropriately high and will settle. Tell your doctor enough is enough, regardless of output.Best of luck!

Breast Implants Settle Over Time

You are very early postop and you are very full. Usually at 6 days there is a considerable amount of swelling that makes the breasts firmer and higher appearing than they will eventually settle down to be. However, you went over 100cc larger and from saline to a firmer silicone gel. Both of those changes will make your breasts fuller and firmer over the long run than they were before. 

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Drains in for over a week on a breast revision? Will my breasts settle if they are this high now?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your recent surgery. Drains are removed when the body starts re-absorbing the fluid and the output decreases. This can take one to two weeks. It's important to remember that the implants take 3-6 months to settle fully, so it's completely normal that they still look high. Congratulations again.