Are there any doctors who do the donut incision breast lift/reduction in the NW?

Hi, I live in Portland, OR and really want to get my breasts reduced. Any doctors in my area that do this? Thank you!

Thank you for your question. There are many doctors in the NW who utilize multiple approaches to reduce the breast size. What you would need would depend on your physical exam and measurements, along with understanding your goals and expectations.Do not pick a surgeon on whether or not they do a certain procedure. Pick your surgeon based on whether or not you think they are doing what is best for you and whether that meets your goals. Get several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area and go with the one you feel offers the best match.Good luck!

Breast Reduction

There is a donut breast lift with areola reduction which is not much of a true lift of a breast and only looks good when coupled with implants. There is a true breast reduction and lift that is done with a donut incision coupled with a long scar in the fold of the breast but it only works for a very specific breast anatomy and is rarely done. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Donut Incision breast lift/reduction

Katie,While I do not live in portland OR, I am sure there are qualified plastic surgeons in your area who perform all varieties of breast lift/reductions when it comes to the different skin pattern incisions. However, do not get fixated on one particular type of incision, if you are a heavy set large breasted woman, you may not be a good candidate for such an incision pattern and either a vertical or wise pattern type lift/reduction would give you a better result. I would recommend you seek a few consults, get a few different opinions and proceed with your procedure.good luck

Breast lift and reduction techniques #plasticsurgery

I've found, over the years, that my best breast lift and breast reduction cosmetic results employ the vertical reduction techniques popularized by Dr. Hall-Findlay. That's my 'go to' technique for breast lift and reduction patients in virtually all cases. I've found that the peri-areolar techniques that you describe leave the breast flattened in shape with poorer scar quality.

A doughnut incision only

or the Horndeski method with no vertical scar method?  In the end, its your surgeon's judgment and technique that will provide you the best outcome so don't be fixated on what technique is used as one size will not fit all.  Trust your surgeon to guide you through this process and if you're skeptical, get a second opinion.

Curtis Wong, MD

Donut Breast Reduction

Hello,Although described by a South American surgeon over 20 years ago, the donut breast reduction is not performed due to its uniformity poor outcome. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS