Are these cracks normal? No hairs in them, day 6 post op. (photos)

The cracks have no hairs in them, seem to be too far spaced apart is this normal?

No Hair In Cracks

Where did you have this done? Was this done by a doctor that specializes in Hair Restoration Surgery? Looks like a lot of the grafts did not survive and fell out.  You also have dried scabbing blood which possibly means some grafts fell out.  I would recommend you followup with whoever did this procedure ASAP and if they are not a full time Hair Restoration Surgeon to look on the ISHRS website to find one close in your area.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crusting 1 week after a hair transplant

As the crusts fall off, these 'cracks' will disappear. Never pick at them. Let the crusts fall of naturally. You have a lot more crusting than I like to see, so you now must be patient until they normally fall off with gentle shampooing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op scabs

I it is not normal. Usually the scabs have a uniform formation.  If you are concerned contact your doctor for advise .

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

No

The photos do not look "normal".  You need to follow up with your doctor for a recheck.  The cracks are not normal.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cracks

It looks like sites of missing hair maybe. I think you should get an in person evaluation with your transplant doctor. Was it a full time restoration doctor?  Was it neograft/artas or fut?  It could be sites scratched out in your sleep or not placed well or just sites healing faster then usual. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist