If coolsculpt mini applicator doesn't fit well; cocktail approach? Thoughts? (Photos)

I just had a coolsculpt mini & the applicator didnt seem to fit wel for mel. It kept un-suctioning & wasnt pulling in enough fat for some reason. My bone structure or density of fat? I dont know really. Since the mini applicator is basically a 1 size fits all I wonder.Has anyone heard if there have been any double chin "coctail" with a coolsculpt then a kybella to fine tune the results & define? I would love to know if anyone has done that with a good outcome. Thoughts?

Combining CoolMini With Kybella

I don't see the point in combining CoolSculpting with Kybella for double chin treatment. They both work to reduce the fat. If you don't see results from the CoolMini then I would recommend considering a ThermiTight treatment which can melt fat and tighten skin at the same time. Hope this helps.

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Cool-mini and Kybella

I have many patients who have a large neck and first get treated with the Cool-mini to decrease the bulk of the fat and then are followed up by Kybella for the smaller area.  It appears from your photo that you may not be a candidate for the Cool-mini since you have such a small area and should proceed directly to Kybella injections.  I often combine these procedures with Thermage for the best skin tightening in the jowls and neck area. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

I suggest a formal consultation in my practice vaser/thermiRF and/or kybella as a non invasive alternative is best for double chin/neck fat and sagging.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Kybella after CoolSculpting with CoolMini

Dear mimiwantsBBL:

Having Kybella after CoolMini is definitely a possibility. With Kybella, the treatment can be tailored to your anatomy, and the fat can be targeted much more specifically than with CoolMini. There is no reason to think you won't have a great outcome.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

If coolsculpt mini applicator doesn't fit well; cocktail approach? Thoughts?

Thank you for your question and photos. I would recommend waiting the full 3 months to see the results from CoolSculpting and then decide. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Combinations a good idea

A: I have found the idea that the CoolMini "one size fits all" does not apply.  There must be a 1cm bulge through the template to be considered a good candidate for CoolMini. Some people do not have enough fat protruding through, or, their bone structure prohibits good contact. This is common in smaller individuals, especially women.  If you are not a candidate for CoolMini, then Kybella is a good alternative. Also, combining Kybella  treatments after CoolMini is an excellent technique to "fine tune" your results.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpt and Kybella

So were you able to complete an entire cool mini treatment using the 45 or 60 minute cycle? If you did then wait your 3 months to see results and remember two is best usually on the submental area. If it did not allow the RN to complete the treatment then you may want to visit a physician for a Kybella consultation. If it kept popping off sometimes client's chin are just too narrow for the applicator and you're right, there is just one size for the chin.