Chin at 6 months post liposuction/chin lift. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had chin liposuction along with a lower face lift 6 1/2 months ago. My neck has lumps & uneven cording like areas. I'm concerned this is the final result & would like your opinion, & suggestions for what next? Thank you!

Neck lift to tighten

Thanks for asking.  It appears you have developed some loose skin from the liposuction.  I believe lipo only should be reserved for the younger patients that have good skin elasticity. If there is looser skin and decreased elasticity then a neck lift (excision skin) should be performed with chin lipo.  Consult with an experienced board certified surgeon to evaluate you in person and see if a neck lift will take care of your concerns. 

Chin and neck appearance after liposuction

It appears that you have a degree of skin laxity and visibility of the platysmal bands in the neck, revealed after your liposuction. The choices open to you would include tightening of the skin and dealing with the platysmal muscle bands.

Tightening of the skin or skin retraction can be undertaken to a modest degree via a number of non surgical approaches with a variety of RF treatments, mesotherapy and the like, available in some cosmetic clinics.

Of course the only sure fire way would be surgical skin excision and there are a number of approaches with that to place any scar in the best most inconspicuous site.

In terms of the platysmal bands again there are non surgical methods (Botox), minor surgical methods such as sutural techniques to cut the edges of the muscles without an incision, and finally more complete surgical methods such as platysmaplasty. Any surgical options would be best discussed in more detail  with your plastic surgeon

I hope that this information is helpful; 

best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Suggestions for What's Next For Neck Wrinkles/Crepe Skin

I recommend adding RF treatments like thermage with ultherapy and kybella to give some lift and tighten the skin. Lasers can be useful to improve tightening and skin crepeness. Please see  an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer