What breast surgery would be advisable for my case? Size 37 -38, cup C, height 5'5", weight 160 pounds.

I m very upset they way my breasts have changed after my pregnancy. My confidence levels are dipping and I am very conscious now abt my appearance. I wanted to understand what is an applicable surgery for correction in asymmetry, lifting and areola reduction.

Breast lift with areolar reduction with size symmetrizing procedure with or without implants or fat transfer would give you the best results.

Beverly Hills, CA

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  Because of the significant breast volume that you have right now, a breast lift without implants as well as an areola reduction seems to be the appropriate course of action for you.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Augmentation v Breast Lift

Thanks for your inquiry. It seems that you would benefit from a breast lift, possibly with implants, and an areola reduction. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area to get another opinion and have your options fully explained to you.
Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation After Pregnancy

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require and type of lift to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below:
#BAafterPregnancy
#BreastAugmentationAftePregnancy

What breast surgery would be advisable for my case?

You have full breasts, but they are sagging and the areolae are large and low on the breasts. You would benefit from a breast lift, elevating your nipples into a higher position and reducing the areolar size. you could have a mild reduction of the larger breast to achieve better symmetry. If you end up wanting larger breasts with greater fullness in the upper pole of the breast, you would undergo breast augmentation, but I would recommend considering this as a second stage after you have seen the results from breast lift alone should you so desire...this would be a safer choice, less prone to complications.

Possible breast procedures for you.

This depends on your goals.  I think a breast lift on the right and a small reduction to make the size match on the left.  Both procedures will elevate your breasts and reduce the size of your areolas.  Small implants might also be an option later if you want/need more upper pole fullness.  Good Luck!

Breast changes after pregnancy/nursing

Thank you for your question.  If you are happy with the size of your right breast, one option is to have a mastopexy or breast lift on the right beast and reduce the left breast to match. This would address the assymetry and drooping as well as decrease the size of the areola.  If you would like more volume or upper pole fullness and augmentation with implants could be done at the same time.

Breast lift with small implants and Areolsr reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift with small implants and an areola reduction. This will improve your breasts asymmetry, lift your breasts into a more youthful position, and allow the breast to appear perkier. Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon when you're considering this option.Good luck. 

Dr. B

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, with your current breast volume, a breast lift with areola reduction would improve your asymmetry , reposition your nipples, and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.  Breast implants are not needed.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast lift

Thank you for the question and photos.  The best options for you right now would be a breast lift and a reduction for your left breast to fix the asymmetry.  With this, you can position your areola at a higher point in your breast and get them reduced in size as well.  Best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon to have an in person examination. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS